Ask a Gas Man ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a question to ask a qualified Gas Safe man, are there any around ?. Although my question might be so far Over The Top that anybody could tell me, No Way !

I am thinking of getting a Flueless Gas Fire, i have read that an Air Brick should be fitted in the outside wall of the room the fire is going to be in. fair enough, the dammed thing has to breath.

The current gas fire has a Flue (flueless are more efficient), so am i correct in thinking that a new Flueless fire could be fixed to the wall with some very Thick Washers (for example) thereby giving the fire some ventilation via the exsisting Flue ?.

tim

Sponsored Links
Tim, firstly a heated flue will draw air out of the room and not admit it. 100 cm2 of free air space vantilation is required.

Secondly how did you get to CC without knowing this?

Sorry this TT :oops:

Sponsored Links
how did you get to CC without knowing this?:

Hey beerlover, what is CC ???

Hi chaps that is what i thought you would say, so it looks as if shall have to knock a hole in the wall !!!! gggrrrrr

thanks for helping me to be more knowledgeable when i DO purchase a fire, i have a Gas Safe man all ready to fit it when i get it.

tim

Why did you ask this:
Secondly how did you get to CC without knowing this?
I know cc, but why the question. thanks.

hi buddy, if i knew what CC meant i would know what the man was implying when he said it.

i have done a search for "CC" and it came up with "combustion chamber"

cubic capacity
carbon copy

?????????????

tim

timmy toad";p="1763890 said:
Sorry, was refering to beerlover.

Yeah, but what did "beerlover" mean by saying "CC" in the first place ?

tim[/quote
timmy toad";p="1763890 said:
]

He thought he was in the restricted Combustion Chamber, ergo Tim was, who clearly shouldn't be. Obviously realised as he was writing that he was, in fact, in Trade Talk.

Dunno why he just didn't delete his post brefore posting, though

He thought he was in the restricted Combustion Chamber, ergo Tim was, who clearly shouldn't be. Obviously realised as he was writing that he was, in fact, in Trade Talk.

Thanks for that friend, cleared that one up, i still cant find a gas fire though, LOL.

It seems i have to have an OUTSET type of the efficient variety, with a normal sort of flue, but they dont look very good. Flavell are the ones i have been looking at, but it looks as if they all have to sit on the floor with the extra expense of a hearth, the type i would like is simply Hang on the Wall !.

tt don`t get flueless gas fire they arn`t worth it
they give off max 2kw of heat
they need 100cm2 vent space which the heat won`t compsate for
if u want like this go eletric

Sponsored Links
Back