Bathroom and soil pipe.

Cool, cheers.
I've used a 3:1 (a generous '1') with just enough water for it to hold itself together.
Out with the old...

In with the new:

I'm a little nervous for the first bc inspection, but going to get them round tomorrow to hopefully get this bit seen so that I can backfill the inside at least.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you are going to drop a CC bog onto the pipe then it needs to be further into the room - usually about 30mm off finished plastering but loos can vary. Otherwise just spaced it aboot 20mm off what will be your finished plastering.

Thanks noseall, there's no toilet going into it at this level, that will be when (if!) the loft conversion happens.
I'm running it as close to the wall as poss to keep the boxing to a minimum.

The BC lady was happy. Don't know what I was nervous about.
I expected a hands and knees job checking it out, but to be honest she hardly looked at it. Pointed out that it was bedded on gravel, sufficient lintels and rest bend bedded on concrete.
Job done and happy for me to back fill!

She said about boarding up the holes inside and out, of which I pointed out a bit of soffit board that I was going to use, but she said no it needs to be some kind of cementous(?) board, so now I'm stuck with what to use!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They're usually pretty good, ultimately you are doing the job yourself, for yourself, so it's in your interests to get it right. Mine checked the founds and then again at oversite level, he couldn't have cared less about the drains. :)

Fibre cement board I would assume is adequate.

It's really put me at ease with the whole BC thing!
Before doing this I ummed and arred a lot about even bothering with BC!

Something like cement tile board/ Aqua panel then?

Cheers

I would think so, she's not going to see what it is once you've backfilled anyway! ;)

Always wise to get them involved, all very well doing work, but if you come to sell and there's no record of any inspections of work done, it can get tricky. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back