Bathroom Electrics Tripped

Sponsored Links
Thought I would post an update out of courtesy. The electrician came while I was in work so I didn't get chance to speak to him. He fixed the lights and the extractor fan, but he said the mirror was to blame and was faulty!? I believe he has disconnected it, but I haven't been in the attic yet. He told my wife that it was something to do with the mirror that was the problem, but she couldn't recall exactly what he told her. I have tried contacting him on several occasions but he is completely ignoring me now. I am thinking that I probably need to check if the mirror is working or not - and check if he's correct.
So the electrician employed or sub-contracted by the bathroom installers has diagnosed a faulty mirror which is less than 6 months old. Do not do any checking which involves any dismantling - get in touch and demand that they come and replace it.

Sponsored Links
I've not gone and looked at that again, but from memory, no, absolutely no connection. Quite the opposite, in fact, as if my recall is right the product recall is because the cabinets weren't earthed, and therefore the last thing they would ever be able to do is to cause an RCD to trip.

But I am truly gobsmacked as to why someone who had a bathroom installed, was having problems less than 6 months later, had got the installer (or at least his electrician) back in who diagnosed a faulty item which they had installed less than 6 months ago, would do anything except say to them "you'd better replace it, then".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back