Bathroom mirror demisting with underfloor heating or pads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're putting a large mirror in the bathroom c1.8m x 1.2m. I was considering using some underfloor heating matting to use for demisting.

Has anyone used this before? Will it work? Or do we have to go down the route of demisting pads (I think I would need at least 2 as don't just want a small square) so was wondering if underfloor matting would be a cheaper option if feasible.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Our local wholesale retailer (QVS) has a 1.5m2 mat, which says can be cut around obstacles. So the plan was to cut the mat (without cutting the cable) and double it back on itself so effectively ending up as 1.5 x 1.0 m allow space to put adhesive on the edge of the mirror for fixing to the wall.

http://www.qvsdirect.com/comfort-zone-1-5m2-150w-underfloor-heating-mat

The main part of it is in zone 3, but it does edge into zone 2 (about 20cms at the bottom above the sink) and 20cms on left edge near shower. The fan isolator switch to be used for connection is in zone 3.

Would this be ok do you think?

Sponsored Links
My main concern would be the UFH mat getting too hot and breaking the mirror. With an UFH mat you'll also need a seep rate temperature probe and thermostat. Demisting pads self regulate their temperature, and are also much thinner than an UFH mat.

For what you'll save, I really don't think it'll be worth all the extra hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back