Mirror demist pad

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi. I am fitting a demist pad to a bathroom mirror. I will also be putting some 12V LED lights around the edge. My question is, would it be possible to control the demist pad using a pull chord for the lights. I would install a relay controlling the demist 230V using the 12V from the lights.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean separate pull cord switch than the lights and demister to only work if the LEDs are on?

Yes, but no relay required - the light switch should control the LED driver at mains voltage, so can do the demister pad as well.

Switching the 12V to the LEDs would result in the driver being powered all the time, and some might be damaged by being connected for long periods with no load, or damage the LEDs.

Our demister's on a pipe stat for the hot to the shower/bath. In your case you'll need to put the light on around the mirror before you have a shower.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean separate pull cord switch than the lights and demister to only work if the LEDs are on?
Yes. It will mean that I will have to remember to turn on the lights, but at lease the demister is not on all the time that the main athroom lights are on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back