BG - can you work for them around your kids?

So if you dont know about them or there working methods WHY mention them all it does is make rest of your comments look stupid . If you dont know about something then don`t assume or make it up,
Also from other subject regards vents have you checked the book yet or did you make that up to. ;)

Sponsored Links
So if you dont know about them or there working methods WHY mention them all it does is make rest of your comments look stupid . If you dont know about something then don`t assume or make it up,
Also from other subject regards vents have you checked the book yet or did you make that up to. ;)

about vents I know mickyg persoanlly and was winding him up, about eon I was mainly referring to homeserve in my previous comments.
Spoke to Darren yet?

Maybe winding micky up but left OP and prob others thinking a louvre door was not acceptable.
Not seen darren in quite a while but will be meeting up with a few field managers and above soon so he may get a mention.

Sponsored Links
[quote="dangermouse46";p="992160homeserve also use the manufacturer for callouts whose spares are on the van and delivered overnight at worst (direct into engineers van)[/quote]

maybe your right about the op on the vent thread but it was tongue in cheek. not ideal to have louvered door as labelling can be poor though.

So where does it say that?

i think it says that on the british standard for vents somewhere (hence vents having "do not block vent" written on them) . also says must be "purpose provided". it's a grey area. . .

There you go again thinking and not checking :oops:
From the book
Manufacturers of air bricks will normally specify the free area of the bricks in there litreture. Where it is not available,the gas operative should measure the dimensions etc etc etc

Louvered doors may be utilised providing that the total free area measured across the smallest dimension of the slots is not less than the total high and low level ventilation requirements of the appliance(s)

There you go again thinking and not checking :oops:
From the book
Manufacturers of air bricks will normally specify the free area of the bricks in there litreture. Where it is not available,the gas operative should measure the dimensions etc etc etc

Louvered doors may be utilised providing that the total free area measured across the smallest dimension of the slots is not less than the total high and low level ventilation requirements of the appliance(s)

so what if the house is sold and new owner changes door?

What if the house is sold and the new owner fits a closeable vent or bricks up existing vents.
Bit of a stupid question you can only go with what is in there when yo visit the property

i'm not saying your wrong but i'll have to check tomorow to make sure.

Well im right unless they take it out the corgi book in the next 12 hours. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back