Boiler Flue Terminal Position?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would appreciate someone giving an opinion on this..........

I had a Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 Oil Fired Boiler fitted last in the Garage last July. The other side of the Garage wall is the outlet for the Boiler Flue as shown in the photograph. This is around 2 Ft. off the ground and directly points into the path that leads to the front door, and can indeed be a nuisance at times of passing through it.

Rather belatedly reading the finer points of the Installation Manual I have read this in the Guidelines for placement of the Flue Terminal:-

1. 'Avoid discharging the flue gas into car ports or narrow passageways'

2. 'Minimum distance of the flue terminal from above ground is 2100mm where directed to a public footpath, private access route or a frequently used area and 2500mm from a car parking area.

This boiler is placed on the floor whereas the previous boiler was on the wall and the previous outlet was indeed around 9 ft off the ground.

I am at least concerned that perhaps planning laws have been broken?

//www.diynot.com/network/boozercruiser/albums/

1. Can some kind person advise me if I have a potential problem or not?

2. Should I be bothered?

Thank You

Boozercruiser.

P.S. I have uploaded 1 picture of this before posting which I hope works.

I created an album, uploaded the pic but cannot see where it might be. Any thoughts guys?

O.K. I see it's in images.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back