Brexit mission creep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like freedom of movement may be restored for those under 30. It was suggested initially by the UK, and the EU seem to be on board.

In an announcement, the European Commission said it had acted after the UK had made approaches to individual EU countries, known to include France, to open a youth mobility scheme.

Sponsored Links
On checking other reports, there seems to be a lot less to this than the Guardian headline implies.

Sponsored Links
Had some horrendous experiences ,only last month it took me a whole 5 minutes entering and leaving spain . The stress was horrendous the passport guy even looked me in the eye before stamping it
I know the feeling my brother.
I went to Bulgaria last summer and it was a nightmare to change currency.
Damn pound sterling!
I had to choose one of the hundreds bureau de change, talk to a very attractive lady who spoke English better than me and spend the whole of 3 minutes there. That including the sneaky glances down the v-cut dress.
Nightmare!
Never again!

If the EU are proposing it, why? For our benefit - hardly. It’s a 'No' from me!

We already have free movement of under 30 males from Africa and the Middle East. Why is this proposal needed?

No doubt this will mean the French start palming off even more of their homeless illegals on us. They know how weak and dumb the people who run this country are.

And then there will be all the unsuitables given citizenship and residency in dumb ass countries like Sweden and Germany... guess where they'll want to rush to with free movement available...

Even more grifters fuelling the dumpster fire that is the NHS and British infrastructure, not to mention crime rates, whilst paying nothing in.

Why, it must be another world class initiative from the Indian Norman Wisdom and his comrades in the Labour and Tory Parties!

If the EU are proposing it, why? For our benefit - hardly. It’s a 'No' from me!

On reading other reports, it looks like what happened is that the UK approached several EU countries last year, with proposals to set up reciprocal schemes for visa free travel for young people, where they could live, study and work for a number of years in each others countries. But the EU doesn't seem to like this, and wants a scheme that covers all EU countries instead.

So they’re just being nice for our benefit?
No, not yours. Seems they are targeting the young Brits and not the crochety old gammons.

Fair play to them. They see the future of the UK does not lie with the RWR.

crochety old gammons.
You young punk - show some respect to your elders!

Never mind youth mobility, if the EU want to start sucking up to the UK they can make a start by forcing the miserable French to smile at us and make us welcome when we gift them with our presence when entering their country, just like they did on 6th June 1944. Wouldn’t do them any harm to make English compulsory in their schools too.

Labour has said it has "no plans for a youth mobility scheme" if it wins the general election later this year. That’s the sort of pledge that will get my vote. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back