Burley gas fire and vent size

Gasacs thats why i said indirectly caused by the vent and rules have now been changed regards position. The guy was unlucky not as unlucky as the customer though.
Why was his cnn1 revoked where does it say if you balls up this can happen.
Edit just googled it
No the guy was not unlucky he was infact ILLEGAL although corgi registered he only had boiler ticket and was not qualified to work on fires which perhaps if he was certain things like flame picture/lift etc might have made him look deeper if he had the knowledge.
Confirms my point on topic i raised about corgi guys being honest and working out of remit because they think they know it all this one clearly didn`t
I agree the customer was the unlucky one, and yes he was working illegally which is one of the main reasons it was a custodial sentence (Yes I know the real reason was a dead body). What I do find strange if I remember correctly the manufacturers got away scott free even though the valve had come out of the factory sealed giving twice the gas rate.

Sponsored Links
Guys where can i find some good info on the position of the vents..

done some googling but all hardwork.

Ok oem instructions always best but wondered what the change is people are talking about..?

Best place to find vent positions apart from MI is British Standards although the change won't be in there yet.
At our assessment centre we have just "aquired" a Burley flueless fire brand new and it actually came with the right vent.

And just how did things 'pan out' at assessment centre ?.

(I know it's a old thread' but can still be useful to people).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back