Buying some petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand petrol is a useful cleaner. If I want to buy a small quantity of it, are there any rules for the container I can use? For example, can I use the transparent plastic container that white sprits are sold in? What about glass jars food sauces are sold in?

Sponsored Links
I understand petrol is a useful cleaner. If I want to buy a small quantity of it, are there any rules for the container I can use? For example, can I use the transparent plastic container that white sprits are sold in? What about glass jars food sauces are sold in?
You should have no problem with jars, when i lived in Belfast we used to use milk bottles. (y)

Why isn't it a serious question?

If I get a glass jar to the petrol station and fill up. Is that OK or I might get reported? I would do that when I go fill up the car.

Sponsored Links
I don't see why the container should matter, provided i'ts resistant to the contents, might have a bit of trouble geting the nozzle in a white spiirt botle mind.

Most filling stations have a minimum purchase although, I'm not sure how little it is but, probably a lot more than would fit in a jar.

Or pop it one of these and drive carefully:

86a2c745-13f9-41ac-86ec-4c93b1278463_1042656045.jpeg

I don't see why the container should matter, provided i'ts resistant to the contents, might have a bit of trouble geting the nozzle in a white spiirt botle mind.
2 Litre "bottle" has a bigger neck. I think I will use that, assuming petrol won't melt it. I also have plenty of 2 litre blue bleach bottles. I am a big user.

This is a wind up? I hope

Diesel is a better cleaner anyway, and still needs to be stored in correct containers

Sponsored Links
Back