Can someone explain this hot water system for me? (potential house purchase)

Sponsored Links
Hi all
I am planning on putting a bid in on a house tomorrow. The market is crazy round my way at the moment, houses are literally on for days before they're sold and we've missed out on a few because of dawdling

STOP DAWDLING.
It's a perfectly normal heating system. If you're looking at every aspect of the house in this much detail, you're doomed.

If the system isn't already fully pumped then spend your money on changing it to fully pumped. Your hot water will recover in the time it takes someone to bath, towel down and preen their hair!

We have a similar system in our house (built circa year 2000), but ours has a thermostat fitted externally on the front of the hot water cylinder. The boiler takes about half or three quarters of an hour to heat a full tank of hot water from cold. Ours is a 4 bed house and the combined electric & gas bills are about £100/month (and we don't like a cold house, and we use tumble dryers/dishwashers etc).

The Scottish Gas guys who service the boiler annually all say if it aint broke then leave it alone. They add that I'd save a bit, maybe a tenner/month, by updating the boiler. Hope this gives a bit of perspective.

Sponsored Links
Saving a tenner a month by upgrading the boiler takes a lot of months to pay back the initial outlay. If it aint broke, don't fix it. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back