Cheilectomy

E

EddieM

Gotta have one of these at some point, its basically reshaping an arthritic big toe joint. Anyone had one of these, from what I can glean recovery time is between 1 and 3 months :(

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: you would have to sit on the sofa being waited on....hand and foot..............no change there then.....

Sponsored Links
Actually, perhaps I'll leave it, gives me a good excuse to get out of many things!!

With my bad foot???? I don't think so! :LOL:

Gotta have one of these at some point, its basically reshaping an arthritic big toe joint. Anyone had one of these, from what I can glean recovery time is between 1 and 3 months :(
Sounds similar to bunion removal. My wife had this done and didn't bother with pain relief beyond the first couple of days and was back at work within a couple of months. A friend of hers had the same op and stretched it out (as in took the pizz) for 6 months.

Good luck with it when it happens. Do you have to have it done local to you or could you have it in a north west hospital ;) (guess the former due to subsequent outpatient appointments)

Sounds similar to bunion removal. My wife had this done and didn't bother with pain relief beyond the first couple of days and was back at work within a couple of months. A friend of hers had the same op and stretched it out (as in took the pizz) for 6 months.

Good luck with it when it happens. Do you have to have it done local to you or could you have it in a north west hospital ;) (guess the former due to subsequent outpatient appointments)

Well a long waiting list first, despite the fact I cant balance on my left foot, and it hurts, lickle bit!!

damn cold weather :(:

Flippin'heck Ed! I thought you were a youngster?

You did well copping for young Diane if your an old codger with gout!
Better take good care of her mate else she'll find herself a toyboy! :LOL: :LOL:

Got a date thru for the op, but the op plus post op rigmarole sounds more painful than my gammy toe!!!

Sponsored Links
Back