Civil War In France?

People are scared. You hear about Muslims killing people in Western countries that are unable to quote verses of the Koran. You see journalists shot for drawing cartoons. You hear about going into concert venues simply to kill as many people as possible. The terrorists punishment far outweighs the crime, death because they are not Muslim or because they made cartoons that offended their god.

People are scared and rightly so and are perfectly within their rights to voice their concerns.

So Himmy, can you let us all know what it is to stop this and what you can do about it? Is it just to stop people sounding in your eyes, racist? Do you think that will stop these murderers? Your personal battle to stop a few here sounding racist, do you think that will truly make a difference?

I am interested in your thoughts of a solution.

Sponsored Links
An unfair and unsupportable assumption by you.
Supported by evidence. You said they had a "delusional version of Islam" hence you assert there is a non-delusional view (of a book that explains how 72 virgins will meet you in Skyland if you kill uneblievers).

Then why the tirade against Muslims?
Why ignore the part where I said 'Islam' or 'Muslim nations' not Muslims?

There Are Two Causes of Terrorism
All terrorist acts are motivated by two things:
What a poor resource (but I forgot how you accept anything as plausible evidence as long as it is 'written on the internet'). She tries and fails to sweep religion as a third cause of terrorism under the carpet. "But their goal, which is to establish an Islamist state in the West Bank and Gaza, cannot be divorced from the political conflict between Israel and Palestine from which it springs." Ignoring the fact that the political conflict is itself religeous in origin.

Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake, I misread what he said - he said I accused others who disagreed with me must support terrorism! Still plucked out of thin air tho as never said such a thing.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps because it's becoming obvious to the more pragmatically minded people, that although they claim to be islamists, they are very poor examples of Muslims.
Your brand of regressive liberal denialism is now hindering genuine reformist Muslims. Maajid Newaz puts it better than I do:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/please-stop-staying-the-nice-attacks-arent-about-islam/
You've completely misaligned what he is saying.
He is saying that the crusades was as much about Christianity as terrorism is about Islam.
He used this as his explanation:
The Crusaders weren't pious. But they had something to do with Christianity, right? Right? That something was the desire impious religious peasants had for martyrdom and the religious promise of redemption that Pope Urban II gave them.
See the connection now?
Let me explain. The crusades were about stupid supposed Christians thinking that they would attain some kind of super-existence, led on by some religious fanatic, if they participated in the Crusades. See the comparison that Maajid is making with Islamic fundamentalism?

So stop this excremental attempts at misaligning others comments for your own radical agenda.

Maajid goes on to say:
So please stop denying the nature of jihadism. Please stop ignoring the narratives which drive these attacks. Instead of aiding extremists who insist Islam today is perfect, perhaps you should aid us beleaguered reformist Muslims who are attempting to address this crisis within Islam against all the odds.
You will note that I have never argued that any religion is perfect or is devoid of the need for reform. Indeed I have often argued that all religions are in need of reform.
Therefore, in adopting Maajid's comments you are agreeing with my position entirely. You just never realised it.

What do you think drives impious religious peasants to seek a better life through martyrdom?
Perhaps we could retrace our steps back the the causes of terrorism?

Edited to enhance the discussion.

Last edited:
invented arguments to insinuate that someone who disagrees with your view must therefore support terrorism. :rolleyes:
.... he said I accused others who disagreed with me must support terrorism! Still plucked out of thin air tho as never said such a thing.
I think it's pointless trying to debate with someone who is convinced and confused by their own invented arguments.
I suppose there's truth in excrement baffles reason.

Indeed I have often argued that all religions are in need of reform.
They are not in need of reform; they are in need of abolishment and their followers in need of enlightenment.

In any case, altering what they believe would not be reforming but would be abolishment; that is the problem.

Indeed I have often argued that all religions are in need of reform.
They are not in need of reform; they are in need of abolishment and their followers in need of enlightenment.

In any case, altering what they believe would not be reforming but would be abolishment; that is the problem.
I don't disagree, however abolition ain't gonna happen. Although I'm a firm supporter of secular government.
Adoption of the New Testament, in place of the Old Testament was such reform that was manageable and acceptable.
However, it didn't stop the various other, new fragments of Christianity to be invented. some of which are just as dangerous and violent as the older, established religions.

Al religions based on Jehovah, and other derivatives are intolerable religions. All based on the Old Testament of one true God.

Al religions based on Jehovah, and other derivatives are intolerable religions. All based on the Old Testament of one true God.

Not a day goes by without a JW knocking on someones door or trying to preach a bit. How intolerant. Hopefully they'll get a bit more tolerant and start carrying out suicide bombings and beheadings instead.

Really IS irrelevant the above post.. The whole reason why you quoted two works of fiction was to back up your claim that child marriages in the modern day is ok because other countries did it many years ago.
Pure invention and misrepresentation on your part.
I have never said that child marriages is OK. I have indicated that it's not an Islamic monopoly. I have argued that it's common throughout the world where Islam is not present. But I have never claimed that 'it was OK'. It was pure invention by you.
You never retracted the comment. You never apologised. You never accepted responsibility for the error. I don't think you even realised the error.

And your response is supposed to mean what exactly? Please give me proof why you think I invented arguments,
You invent stuff, then build further arguments, requests, assertions, accusations on those inventions.
You've confused and convinced yourself of these inventions. You can no longer debate reasonably because you've lost sight of the basics.
Because you've lost sight of the basics you're building further ridiculous arguments on top of previous ridiculous arguments.

That's the whole thing - people didn't disagree with you about it being elsewhere, yet you kept on banging on the same point. It made you sound like you thought it was ok for the Islamic faith to allow such behaviour because other places did it too.
So what are these basics Himmy? The point that other countries do it? I wrote myself about that and yet you still called me a racist.
Then you ask for an apology and yet this is the first time you've actually told me what it was that upset you - other than that you just talked in riddles. Sadly am not a mind-reader so am unable to sort things out until someone says anything. It does leave me to believe that you've just suddenly thought of it after looking back at my posts tho and it was the best you could come up with.

And you still can't answer the question I put up about having a solution to the problem. May I make a suggestion? If you feel so strongly about people sounding racist, and that Islam is being victimised then why not do more about it that just being a one man crusade on a DIY forum? The more you get militant here, the more people will dig their heels in and nothing will change. So surely there is more that you could do out there in the world instead and actually do some good - I mean that in a positive way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll make yourself dizzy going round in circles like that.
And there you have it. Backed into a corner, asking for proof (something your fond of doing) and that's the best you can come up with.. You are spineless.

Sponsored Links
Back