Civil War In France?

Like the Enid Blyton books where racist terms and words are used. They were acceptable at the time they were written, but are no longer considered acceptable (except on DIYnot GD forum).

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You moan like the old washer woman who lives on the faraway tree.:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Baby Jesus birth is a story in a book. A story in a book written 2000 years ago does not justify defense of paedo activity now. We are talking about now.
'Stories' are written in a contemporary context.
That means they reflect the culture at the time in which they were written.
Like the Enid Blyton books where racist terms and words are used. They were acceptable at the time they were written, but are no longer considered acceptable (except on DIYnot GD forum).

BTW, Romeo and Juliet were 15.
Really IS irrelevant the above post.. The whole reason why you quoted two works of fiction was to back up your claim that child marriages in the modern day is ok because other countries did it many years ago. What a load of twaddle.

Medically we know that child marriage/pregnancies is very harmful on a young girl, mentally and physically and to dislike that practice in Islam or any other religion or country is perfectly acceptable and it is not being racist. You use that word far too readily and sometimes I don't think you actually understand what it is to be racist. You're like one of those people who said it was racist to call a blackboard a blackboard. Madness.

You're making a fundamental mistake that child marriages, wife beating, beheading (capital punishment) are associated only with Islam.
How old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?
How old were Romeo and Juliet?
Child marriage is not a criminal offence in countries that it is allowed.

You're making a fundamental mistake that child marriages, wife beating, beheading (capital punishment) are associated only with Islam.

Anybody who quotes works of fiction as fact to try to make a point has no credibility at all. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a plonker. :LOL:

Anybody who quotes works of fiction as fact to try to make a point has no credibility at all. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a plonker. :LOL:

"It's like when they wrote Jack and the Beanstalk a lot of giants lived in the sky you know, it was a reflection of how giants lived then in society" :whistle:

This thread will vanish soon I bet.

Sponsored Links
Really IS irrelevant the above post.. The whole reason why you quoted two works of fiction was to back up your claim that child marriages in the modern day is ok because other countries did it many years ago.
Pure invention and misrepresentation on your part.

You're like one of those people who said it was racist to call a blackboard a blackboard.
Another of your pure inventions.

Really IS irrelevant the above post.. The whole reason why you quoted two works of fiction was to back up your claim that child marriages in the modern day is ok because other countries did it many years ago.
Pure invention and misrepresentation on your part.
So why did you write about fictional characters then? Were you just making conversation and going on a tangent?

Fact remains is that you had a go at people for disliking Islam because of child marriage (just one point) and that their culture allows more outdated, inhumane practices which are illegal in this country - for very good reason. We live in a civilised society where child marriage is not acceptable and to allow 12 year olds to get married is considered sick. So to have that point of view, is it racism or the fact we are seeing it from a better point of view and understand protection of children is incredibly important? That we have moved on from the mistakes made in our own country lets us see this from a better point of view? That's without the issue of wife beating, murder etc that you seem to deem as ok because you do not voice your dislike and seemingly defend it by giving examples of other countries who allow such practices?
You are so pro-Islam that you seem to think that others who criticise are racist, this is really not the case. I would imagine that every single person with a sane mind here would be against any other religion, culture and country that also allows such practices as wife-beating, murder and child marriage. Sadly Islam is the one that makes the press and the one that most people are aware of but this doesn't mean they are only anti-Islam. You just presume they are and are again, quick to call people racists when it's not warranted.

Do you think for one second if Islam didn't allow such barbaric practices that anyone would have a problem? I don't think so.

I merely pointed out that child marriage is not a practice of Islam alone but is a practice of many cultures around the world including Christianity and UK.
Therefore to highlight an aspect which is not a sole preserve of Islam, as an excuse for your prejudice against Islam, is duplicitous and Islamophobic
Christianity or any other religion in the UK do not practice child marriage unless it's done illegally.

And you really do not take in a word do you or listen to any other view/voice of reason/explaination that is not your own.
Just want to spout that someone is Islamophobic. You know what, if I am against any country/religion that allows backwards practices, forced marriage, child marriage, stoning to death innocents, treating women less than second class citizens, no fair trials before capital punishment then yes, I am a phobic against all of them, don't give a **** if they Islamic, Catholic, from Peru or any-bloomin-where. Every single one and I am proud of it. Give me a ****ing badge and I'll wear it.

You really do not have a clue Himmy. So scary that you think you are a teacher:
You can't hope to be in a position to teach if you start from a position of ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless people speak up against injustices in the world, sod-all changes for the better.

Too right it's an injustice to deny a load of murderous jihadis their right to come to Europe and move freely around. :ROFLMAO:

You know what Himmy, all I can see in your post is you not understanding a thing I said.

This proves it:
Then why only rail against Islam? Especially when you are joining in an islamophobic thread and railing against Islam within the context of child marriages. It appears as though you are as islamophobic as your companions.

I said earlier:
I would imagine that every single person with a sane mind here would be against any other religion, culture and country that also allows such practices as wife-beating, murder and child marriage. Sadly Islam is the one that makes the press and the one that most people are aware of but this doesn't mean they are only anti-Islam. You just presume they are and are again, quick to call people racists when it's not warranted.
I am against any country/religion that allows backwards practices, forced marriage, child marriage, stoning to death innocents, treating women less than second class citizens, no fair trials before capital punishment then yes, I am a phobic against all of them, don't give a **** if they Islamic, Catholic, from Peru or any-bloomin-where.
But you wanna say I am Islamophobic then fine, you obviously cannot read, you obviously have great trouble understanding others and you obviously haven't a clue what you're on about.

The trouble with Islam is that it is not just a religion. More than any other contemporary belief system, it carries huge socio-political baggage; it dictates social norms, law, foreign policy... it is a perniciously domineering way of life and governance, even for so-called moderates. Accept the religion and eventually you get the rest as a free bonus.

Last edited:
The trouble with Islam is that it is not just a religion. More than any other contemporary belief system, it carries huge socio-political baggage; it dictates social norms, law, foreign policy... it is a perniciously domineering way of life and governance, even for so-called moderates. Accept the religion and eventually you get the rest as a free bonus.
If Islam was invented today it would be considered a cult. It is a totalitarian ideology and that's scary.
I don't do religion, none of them.

Sponsored Links
Back