Clothes Rock Solid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite the amount of cleaning the filter, the powder drawer bit my clothes are still very hard when they come out unless I use drying which make a little softer cant figure out why I have also unblocked or emptied the drain hose with a aqua vac yesterday.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem with my old Hotpoint. Apparently, it is more common in hard water areas (do you live in one????).

You might need to run a washing machine descaler through the machine which might or might not help the problem (depending on how bad the scale is - it gets the bits you can't see :cry: ).

I ended up getting a new machine and now use Lidl's own version of Calgon tablets - amazing how soft my washing is too.

Tbh, I won't do a wash without an anti-limescale tablet in the drawer now!

Thanks for the reply // I have used calgon many times and the drawer is now gleaming but the problem is still there nevertheless if I rinse and drain it once over after wash it tends to help a little or even using the dryer (I probably do live in a hard water area sorry a bit ignorant when it comes to water resources should really start paying a little attention) the machine is less than five years old not had any probs before when I was based in quarters up north.

Don't know then, sorry. You are supposed to use Calgon (or similar) in every wash if you are in a hard water area. It stops the element getting limed up. Do you think it might just be the water where you are living now? Change of soap powder or conditioner? Sorry not really sure apart from suggesting Calgon.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I think you are probably right and I will try the method out let you if changes

You used to live in the soft North and now live in the hard south? Pretty sure it will be the water. I bet you find tea tastes funy. when i moved to chalky Hampshire i bought a water softener, wouldn't be without it now.

Otherwise, Calgon and lots of Fabsoft. The Southerners have tough skin, they're used to hard towels. The tumble drier seeems to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back