Combi Safety Valve

I agree with you chris but the main thing the H&E are concerned with is weather you can charge for the work or not!.Its been legal to kill your self if you want since about 1970ish. There should be stricter controll on the sale of parts partiually open flues, PS a class of person allso includes the manafacturer,but thats not many as alot of agents are used now

Sponsored Links
I agreed they should be stricter control on certains parts which can only be available to Corgi registered.

I rang up a CORGI reg. Guy and asked him how long a time is allowed before the gas valve closes when the tc stops working and he said " instantly" :idea: That must be right then...??

Just a thought... Microwave ovens are a potential killer. I know because I have done the course and am Qualified to repair them. I have all the gear.
However there is nothing to stop anyone from buying a magnetron, fitting it wrong and cooking themselves instead of the food...Crazy world we live in...

Gees,

Do we have to have our Microwave service for safety ?
Is there anything we have to look out for ?

Sponsored Links
Just leakage, and that only occurs due to damage or extreme age..

Gees said:
I rang up a CORGI reg. Guy and asked him how long a time is allowed before the gas valve closes when the tc stops working and he said " instantly" :idea: That must be right then...??

Just a thought... Microwave ovens are a potential killer. I know because I have done the course and am Qualified to repair them. I have all the gear.
However there is nothing to stop anyone from buying a magnetron, fitting it wrong and cooking themselves instead of the food...Crazy world we live in...

I know what your saying mate look at electricans no need to prove competency every five minutes there is there???

Also mate the boiler should be installed by a CORGI person as you are playing about with flues etc.. you can do all the wet side but if were me I would not be very keen just the do the gas pipe as I would like to know that the flue is has it should be.

best of luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back