compression fittings on gas pipe under floor

spraggo";p="1807076 said:
If it was a concrete floor how would the fitter know without x ray vision ?,

I take it that you have never heard of a suspended concrete floor. :confused: :?:

I've never heard of a concrete floor with a removable slab to look underneath, have you, we know a song about this, don't we children, can you sing it.........

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN";p="1807553 said:
If it was a concrete floor how would the fitter know without x ray vision ?,

I take it that you have never heard of a suspended concrete floor. :confused: :?:

I've never heard of a concrete floor with a removable slab to look underneath, have you, ....

not only have i heard of them i have been under them many times.

usually a complete bastard to get under as the access points are nearly always very small for some reason.

[quote="PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN";p="1807553I've never heard of a concrete floor with a removable slab to look underneath, have you, ....

not only have i heard of them i have been under them many times.

usually a complete b*****d to get under as the access points are nearly always very small for some reason.[/quote

Thanks nickso, come on PENDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN say your sorry or i`m not playing :D :D :D :D

Jeezus bleeding christ my life already.
The specific case of a compression fitting used in an inaccessible position has been part of the ACS assessment for as long as I can remember.

Yes I'm an ACS assessor!

From the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure document which all gas installers should have read and have a copy of and know where to find if they've lost it :

[/img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9199/38085664.jpg[/img]

Pipework includes fittings.
The source documents are BS6891, Igeup/2 and GSIUR.

You may thingk it's daft, I may agree, but that doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
Cant be arsed to read through all the posts, but I dont think the fittings mentioned were either inaccessible or under suspended concrete floor, maybe the OP would like to clarify before we all die of boredom..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[...]this thread being a perfect example with the O P not even having the decency to leave one thanks.
What's this then?
[...]Thanks to all for the advice.[...]

Hi Mark,
Do you see a little green thankyou button at the top right hand side of this post. Now if you think that some one has given you sound advice
just press this button and it will show others that he is worth his salt. I notice that you do not have any thanks credits yet and looking at your posts, although you have received some very good advice, it seems that you have not had the decency to leave a thanks either.

Regards

spraggo

I have read this post but not seen anyone state the obvious on any installation ONE OR MORE... Not to current standards constitutes an AT RISK CLASSIFICATION! So as stated there are 2 compression fittings so is at least AT RISK. And to be fair to the plumber quoting £50 it's not just replacing two fittings its a gas tightness test as well after the work is done!

Dont talk absolute nonsense it is not at risk go back and read your books and find out when it is to NCS can possibly be classed as at risk.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have read this post but not seen anyone state the obvious on any installation ONE OR MORE... Not to current standards constitutes an AT RISK CLASSIFICATION! So as stated there are 2 compression fittings so is at least AT RISK. And to be fair to the plumber quoting £50 it's not just replacing two fittings its a gas tightness test as well after the work is done!

As G112 says - nonsense! The escalating NCS to AR advice is flueing issues. I have just read through this, not realising you have reincarnated a 3 year old post.

Plus, that's only an advisory to be aware if, not a requirement.

How many old posts been resurrected ? I reckon somebodies on a wind up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back