DIY Electrical Installation Work

To give advice, if this advice is to seek the services of a competent electrician then so be it.

Sponsored Links
I popped away for a cup of tea, and reflected on what I just said, and it was uncalled for, and I apologise unreservedly for it.

It was also hypocritical, as I do the same - at times I tell people that I don't think they are competent enough to do something and that they should get an electrician.

We just draw the line in different places.

But I do still believe that it is possible for a DIYer to comply with the Building Regulations even if he can't fully comply with BS 7671 or follow every chapter in the OSG etc.... :confused:

Sponsored Links
It is your standard method of reply, every reader of this forum knows it, and so do you.
Blimey - my standard method of reply when someone makes a false allegation against me is to ask them to show their evidence, is it?

Fancy that.

Well - all I can say is that if you're going to make a habit of making false allegations you'd better get used to it sunshine, because I will never let things like that slide.

It also betrays your inferior professional status because your discussion tactics would not be tolerated in any serious formal discussion or meeting
And ad hominem fallacies like yours would be tolerated would they?

As I've told you before, you do have entertainment value, but thats about it.
Do you have any intention of debating the subject matter, or are you only here to engage in personal attacks?

Come on guys, you all have valuable opinions which mostly differ but it's still interesting to view both sides.
Can we do it without derogatory remarks?

I'd love to.

Perhaps you could have a word with the person who decided to start a personal attack instead of sticking to the subject.

But I do still believe that it is possible for a DIYer to comply with the Building Regulations even if he can't fully comply with BS 7671 or follow every chapter in the OSG etc.... :confused:

I agree 100% and in my experiance so does BC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back