Dogs (why would you do this?)

You sure you on the right thread as what you just posted makes no sense whatsoever, but whats new!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)

I was referring to the gibberish you posted above:
"The fee should be around 500 yo 1k"

Given your predeliction for flamboyantly declaring how well off you are, I wondered if that was your motive, or something else.

On reflection quite a lot of your posts are about affirming how jolly super you think you are, aren't they?

Sponsored Links
Whilst I of course feel sorry for the parents and the tragic loss of life, why take this sort of risk? I have very mixed feelings about breeds like this and whilst I appreciate any dog can be aggressive and/or attack, some are surely more predisposed to it due to their breeding. If this family had already owned the dog (pre having the child) that's one thing, but to buy the dog when the child was still so young?

Don't blame the dog, or the child - blame the parents for their stupidity.

I'd never leave a small child/baby alone with ANY dog.

I would, but I would need to be certain of the temperament of the dog first. The big 16 year old male dog we had put down year before last, was very protective of pups and kids he knew and had endless patience.

Sponsored Links
Generally when people get a puppy they consider that it needs training,

However it is actually the owners that need training, this is not generally considered.

Generally when people get a puppy they consider that it needs training,

However it is actually the owners that need training, this is not generally considered.

Hence my advocation of an owner's licence as per previous posts and how to enforce etc.

To many dog owners wrongly assume their pet would not hurt a fly and I've met hundreds of the clowns.

News laws must be brought in to protect childen and the frail from dogs and their owners.

I would, but I would need to be certain of the temperament of the dog first. The big 16 year old male dog we had put down year before last, was very protective of pups and kids he knew and had endless patience.
No, no, no Harry. Never. A kids only got step on the dogs tail or foot and it can change in a second.

No, no, no Harry. Never. A kids only got step on the dogs tail or foot and it can change in a second.

Not this one. His tiny baby sister would spend hours ragging him, nothing would ever tempt him to react, no matter how fed up he became with it. If another dog went for her, he would fly to her defence. His own mother with a fresh litter, used to trust him to 'mother' her litter, when she needed a rest from them.

or someone that is not capable of fighting off the dog is a no, NO!!!
an adult cant fight off a powerful dog

large dogs are too powerful, too fast for an adult to stand a chance -sure a dog is not likely to kill an adult male human but he wouldnt be able to fight it off

the police train German Shepard dogs to bring down criminals -once they get their teeth around an arm, thats it, they arent letting go -a friend of mine got bitten by a GSD -it was our fault we were playing and the dog leapt up and grabbed his arm momentarily -the incisors made a massive deep hole in is arm

Not this one. His tiny baby sister would spend hours ragging him, nothing would ever tempt him to react, no matter how fed up he became with it. If another dog went for her, he would fly to her defence. His own mother with a fresh litter, used to trust him to 'mother' her litter, when she needed a rest from them.
You might be right, but how many people whose dogs savage children would have said the same before hand.

an adult cant fight off a powerful dog

large dogs are too powerful, too fast for an adult to stand a chance -sure a dog is not likely to kill an adult male human but he wouldnt be able to fight it off

the police train German Shepard dogs to bring down criminals -once they get their teeth around an arm, thats it, they arent letting go -a friend of mine got bitten by a GSD -it was our fault we were playing and the dog leapt up and grabbed his arm momentarily -the incisors made a massive deep hole in is arm

You're right - to be clear I meant that adults around that has some chance to call for help get away,

Bottoms line - most people are unfit to keep a dog and 99% of the people i've met are misfits and unable to look after themselves never mind a dog.

There's plenty that shouldn't be allowed to have children as well as dogs but that's a different thread altogether..

The dog was a legal American Bully XL.

Even with it's bred reduced prey drive it's not the sort of dog I would leave around a child.

upload_2022-3-24_20-4-46.png

Sponsored Links
Back