Extension of existing ring main

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
t236661.jpg

Does it look OK to you?

Given that there's a high degree of probability that we don't have code page issues on this site, can you justify why I should have to change my browser to override the font choices made by website designers just so that I can see characters you have no good reason to use?

t236661.jpg

Does it look OK to you?

Yes, it looks fine. May I suggest a visit to Specsavers, or perhaps a new display?

Given that there's a high degree of probability that we don't have code page issues on this site

It's far more likely that we do, actually. As a matter of fact, the simple fact that this site uses ISO-8859-1 rather than UTF-8 is an issue to me.

everything has worked fine for last 4 years, RCD never trips.
The airbags in your car might or might not be working fine. You won't know until you have a crash, by which time it's too late to find out the answer is "not".

What were the before & after R1+R2, Zs & IR readings?

BTW for the info of the person who isnt sure what 8m2 means--- its ( ill type slowly here for you) EIGHT SQUARE METRES, OK?
What do you think is the significance of it being < 8m²? You seem to think it means something....

So do you have a computer check your airbags before each time you drive the car? Even then I can tell you there is STILL no guarantee they will deploy! Furthermore even if they do work perfectly, they may have little or no effect on saving your life in a crash!
Im really not sure where you are wanting this thread to go but Im tiered of this puerile banter!

Oops! I forgot to put an apostrophe in I'm! Am I to be pulled up again by the grammar expert FFS?

So do you have a computer check your airbags before each time you drive the car? Even then I can tell you there is STILL no guarantee they will deploy!
All I can do it to put my trust in the design AND TESTING regimes put in place by the car makers.

Im really not sure where you are wanting this thread to go
I'd like it to go to the point where you realise that

"everything has worked fine for last 4 years, RCD never trips"

really means

"my installation has not been called on to handle any exception events for the last 4 years, so I'm just guessing that when it is it will work just fine even though I chose to do absolutely nothing to check that the systems which should save my life if they worked properly will actually work."

but Im tiered of this puerile banter!
I'm sorry you regard safety concerns as puerile. If you're not interested in doing things properly why are you here?

Regardless of how you think it looks with one particular font, U+33A1 is the correct character to use.
Just because something is in unicode doesn't mean it makes sense to use it.

The character you used (code point 33A1) is in the CJK compatibility block. That means it is in unicode not because the designers of unicode thought it made sense but because it was needed for round-trip comaptibility with some legacy CJK encoding. It also means it's unlikely to display at all on systems that don't have support for CJK languages installed and if it is displayed it's likely to be displayed in an arbitary chinese japanese or korean optimised font that does not match the rest of the text.

t236661.jpg

Does it look OK to you?

Given that there's a high degree of probability that we don't have code page issues on this site, can you justify why I should have to change my browser to override the font choices made by website designers just so that I can see characters you have no good reason to use?

you claim to be an "expert" here yet you appear to be unable to work out what the OP ( me) has posted here within in the context! ie if you read the complete post you SHOULD be able to understand from the rest of the post what i meant ( EIGHT SQUARE METRES!) even although your (or my) computer has not printed the EXACT English grammatically correct text!
FFS, we are on a DIY internet forum here, not completing an English paper for an advanced degree at Oxbridge!
DONT BE SO PEDANTIC! :evil:

Ive just plastered over my new cables ( all in verticle & horizontal) as an extension of existing ring main. works fine! i aint involving the assholes at BC in th ecouncil as Im less than 8m2 of floor space! ( due to clever measuring techniques) boom! boom! :p

Congratulations :rolleyes: :confused:

"All I can do it to put my trust in the design AND TESTING regimes put in place by the car makers. "

This is amusing (or is it BEmusing?) You say you trust car manufacturers to design & build their products to 100% working standards ( airbags in particular I think we were discussing?) but you seem to imply you do NOT trust cable manufacturers to design & manufacture THEIR products to the same?
You think there may be a high resistance fault in a cable??? WTF?

Im sure you have much more experience than me as Ive only been involved in the building trade for 18 years , but I nor anyone Ive worked with has ever in this time come across such a piece of faulty cable!

this country has become clogged with overzealous health & safety "experts" such as you! I'm sure you mean well but where has common sense gone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back