Ferroli boilers - any good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know its bringing up a subject that keeps coming round and round so for that i am sorry.

Having said that I would like to know what people think of Ferroli as a new boiler. My installer says he has fitted them for years and the price is reasonable (entire central heating system being fitted).

Obviously I want to use a boiler that my installer knows inside out and he seems to be confident that they are a good brand.

Regards
Dan

Sponsored Links
i personally wont touch them. a lot of people who i no have them have had a lot of problems which i have to keep fixing.

They wouldn't be my first choice, but as is always said on here, it is more important that whatever boiler you fit is fitted correctly and flushed properly.

My main objection to fitting them is that in my area so few are sold that we do not have a dedicated service engineer for warranty calls, so they would have to come from away.

Sponsored Links
horrible boilers from an installers point of view,absolute gift to fix and repair.hope your going for the optimax. :LOL:

You should do you research by searching on that brand name on here.

In spite of what some people above have said, they do not feature very often on here compared with two other makes with similar sales numbers, Ravenheat and Sime.

Having said that, 12 years ago they accounted for one in three boilers in the Birmingham and had a reputation as a "fit and forget" make!

Whilst they have widened their sales area their reputation has been spoilt by very unreliable sensors and part of the fan which breaks if you just look at it!

Tony

Thanks for replies all glad to see there is a difference of opinion.

Yes it is the optimax 31kW which comes with a five year warranty. The installer i'm using has fitted Ferroli for years (it is west midlands agile!) and my mother in law used the same installer and a Ferroli combi several years ago and has had no problems.

Think I am happy enough to go for it.

Thanks all.

Hi yhere did you go ahead and fit the ferroli boiler? if you did will you let me know what yo think of it as Im looking at fitting one.
Cheers ()

Thanks for replies all glad to see there is a difference of opinion.

Yes it is the optimax 31kW which comes with a five year warranty. The installer i'm using has fitted Ferroli for years (it is west midlands agile!) and my mother in law used the same installer and a Ferroli combi several years ago and has had no problems.

Think I am happy enough to go for it.

Thanks all.

Negative captain....
Bad boilers... they surrender quicker than the italians during the war

If they work... no problem.

When they start to have faults (OptiMax 31 HE) and you have to deal with their sub-contracted field engineer's - well, you might as well stick toast into them as that is about as likely your going to get the boiler going again.

I am truly amazed how I have been treated. On on the threat of a dead line and legal action and tenants not having heating for 5 weeks are they going to swap it out.

Spend the extra couple of hundred and get something decent.

Hi danlightbulb

Is your installer based in the west midlands, if so whereabouts? I have a ferroli boiler that needs some attention on the flue & i can't find anyone local who knows anything about them.

Had a ferroli boiler for 3.5 years apart from the flue leaking not had a problem, I'd never heard the make before.

If you deal direct with ferroli for your servicing be warned they love to sub-contract all the time, i've only ever seen one ferroli engineer & he was a right moody git the rest were all subbies

Also ferroli admin dept is crap, be prepaired to wait in all day for a no-show engineer & they don't have the decency to tell you they c@cked-up the date :evil:

hey guys!

Didn't you notice this post started three years ago?

If you must add to an existing thread then read ALL of it to save making a fool of yourself.

Must admit I did not notice that , I was about to stick my tuppence worth in , why are these old post's brought up???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back