Fitting a new gas carcas to an old gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please tell me where i can find the gas reg that quotes when installing a new gas carcass within a property you must fit an isolation tap to the gas fire if none was fitted before.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Get yourself over to the Combustion Chamber forum for such questions.

A little background to the question might help but in general terms if the gas supply around the property has been replaced then everything connected to it must comply with current regulations.

Therefore if no means of isolation was previously present then that would have been regarded as Not to Current Standard and to connect it to the new supply this defect would have to be rectified.

But a question in return why do you seem to be against the fitting of what is/or could be a vital safety device?

Sponsored Links
He could always be one of these "clever" customers who wants to tell his gas installer that its not required under the regulations.

Since the cost is under £10 then whatever his involvement its not likely to be of any great significance.

Thats unless he is an RGI who is being taken to task by a CORGI inspector.

Tony

If he doesn't Alan, I'd be tempted to say he shouldn't be doing the job.
I just got the feeling he was the homeowner/landlord trying to reduce the cost of work by questioning need for this & that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back