Fitting a new loo.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else come across the new toilets that are being sold at B&Q? My problem is where the screw holes are in the base of the ceramic bowl they are sort of horizontal, I can't get a pencil to angle down through the holes to mark the floor and I would need screws about a foot long at that angle, has anyone got any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
That's brilliant, I've not come across this sort before, many thanks..

I bought a new P trap from B&Q Tradepoint and it leaks from the main rubber seal, the one that connects the bottom bowl to the main housing, so before I fit the enclosed cistern I thought I would check for leaks as not being a close fitting system it would leak inside the cabinet, and lo and behold "It Leaks" :evil:

Sponsored Links
That's brilliant, I've not come across this sort before, many thanks..

Only been doing it like that for the last 20 years Pred.

Been a long time since a decent tradesman (plumbers not included in that description) hammered rusting screws into the floorboads and cracked the 'pan' base (then bodged it up) haha.
Look bud- If you want to know anything about plumbing-- just ask me or Joe 90.
It's not as if plumbing is a trade -is it ?. :LOL:

I bought a new P trap from B&Q Tradepoint and it leaks from the main rubber seal, the one that connects the bottom bowl to the main housing, so before I fit the enclosed cistern I thought I would check for leaks as not being a close fitting system it would leak inside the cabinet, and lo and behold "It Leaks" :evil:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back