Fitting commercial pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have very little experience of fitting "commercial" pipework. Is there any online guides for handling and fitting commercial sized pipework. Thats flanged pumps and fittings, threaded steel pipework.
Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Knowing how to operate the threading machine is about as complicated as it gets.
Unless you're going to weld the pipes with MMA ,oxy/acety, Mig or Tig. Then it gets a bit more skilled.
Note I said "pipes" and not tubes.
If you want to call yourself a "tube fitter" it just don't sound quite right.

Knowing how to operate the threading machine is about as complicated as it gets.
Unless you're going to weld the pipes with oxy/acety. Then it gets a bit more skilled.
Note I said "pipes" and not tubes.
If you want to call yourself a "tube fitter" it just don't sound quite right.

They say its now cheaper than copper BUT much more time consuming to install? 6 and 2 three's I think!

If you want to use pipe and fittings that are easy and take very little skill try using SANHA or MAPRESS it doesn't come any easier :LOL:

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by 'commercial'? Tectite push-fit goes up to 54mm. Easier than crimp (Sanha/Mapress/XPress) and no special/expensive tools required to complete the joint.

Wouldn't be seen dead using tectite.

It's either galv, medium/heavy or stainless on most jobs.
Copper and pressfit getting more common but the fittings are really expensive.

For example prices a couple of days ago 67x67x28... With terms £80ea

Same in malleable is less than £30.

Swings and roundabouts, iron is cheaper than copper but more labour intensive.

With terms £80ea
:eek: :eek: :eek:

With crap terms including VAT, maybe. What make and from which merchant?

I see Nottingham as your location. Are you self employed? Do you do much commercial work?

X-press GAS. 67x67x28 list at 145+VAT
Just under £80+ VAT from both pipe/BSS

Yep notts is where I am and 95% of my work is industrial/commercial.

You didn't say XPress Gas.
Even so, try pointing your van towards t'other side of the city.
45%?!?! off that range of fittings for someone doing mainly commercial work? :eek:

My point remains, 60-80 for a copper fitting for gas, less than 30 for iron.

Both would require spealist tooling.
DN65 is weld for gas, 67mm copper is either braze or Novopress tooling.

Copper would be quicker but iron cheaper.

Makes no odds which way the van points, there's only Bss,pipe Center, could go to Mansfield to tube, fitting and valves or EMTF.

X-press gas above 54isnt stocked at any, BSS didn't even know you could get it till I have em the part nbers.

Are you notts based and what are you paying for 67-108 xpress, out of interest please.

Never mind EMTF or TFV.
Clue: German beer, sounds like neck.

Stockists of XPress copper, copper for gas, carbon steel and solar. Sanha copper and carbon steel. Both up to 108mm. Brazing fittings up to 108mm on the shelf. Pegler commercial valves. Large-size compression fittings, brazing bi-metal flanges.

In competition with BSS and Pipe Centre. Indeed, if BSS are in a rush they will often go to them. Manufacturers reps often send them to them, often better stocks!
Supplying mech services installers for over 20 years.
Conex and Pegler Yorkshire's (amongst others) biggest independant customer.

Google

How much does a 6m length of 108mm copper tube cost these days?
Still be a lot cheaper than the equivalent imperial size refrigerant grade I would think.

Never thought of the beck company to be honest.

Andy Spray is your best point of contact, (Business Developement Manager) but he's away at the mo, I think.
Mark Taylor (Commercial Director) or Alan Broomhead (Commercial Sales) are next best.
Tell them ''Mr E'' told you to give them a call.

They supply Ailsons, Hiltons, Shacklocks, Antony Grice, H&V Servs, PWP, Mitie, Derry's, BMS, and others locally, plus Briggs & Forrester, Shepherds and many other national M&E companies.

BSS/Pipe Centre have a propensity to not favour the smaller guy, price-wise.

Cheers for that.
Worked for at least 5 off that list and never had stuff from becks when I was there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back