Flushing/Filling new instalation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have installed my combi on the wall, installed all my cold and hot water pipes and my pressure releif pipe as per all the help from you lot (so thanks).

I had a corgi man round who said on the phone he didn't usually touch DIY jobs! When he came out he said "Thats a no bad job" which I took as a compliment.

He said that he'll run the gas pipes and commision up but suggested that to save myself some money I should flush the system and fill it up via my filling loop.

I've searched for help, but found no simple logical info to help. Someone please help as I would like to save as much as possible (£45 an hour is nothing to be sniffed at!).

I think in my next life I will serve my time as a plumber.

PS - I'll be disapointed if I don't get lots of slagging from plumbers who tell me how hard they work for £45 an hour!

Sponsored Links
What stopping you ? :!: There are so many shortage of plumber's in this country as everyone is going to university :!: (god knows why,they won't get a job afterward!)

So a plumber can charges what they like and good luck to them!

I know why they do - It is a chance to do 4 years of no work, constant partying and lie in every day until 2pm! I know this because I did it.

To be honest I think that I would prefer a practical job, but I satisfy my need for practical work by spending my spare time doing DIY.

Anyone got advice on flushing/filling?

Sponsored Links
See this for power flushing.

You can hire the power flushing unit from most hire tool shop.I have not use one,maybe ChrisR will tell us how easy or awkward they are to do :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back