Gas cooker pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering purchasing a new cooker. My existing gas pipe is 4.75inches from the wall. Is it likely that this will need changing for modern cookers. Is there anywhere where I can find these details before deciding on a cooker?

Sponsored Links
most modern cookers have a flat back so yep it will keep the cooker this far away from wall.
4.75 inches away is this coming out the floor and iron pipe ? .
You maybe lucky and it on an elbow underfloor but it maybe on a bend which will need a fair bit of digging out to get cut and stocks and die`s on to it

I guess the 4.75 inches would be the bayonet screwed into back plate , the guy fitting the cooker might change the back plate for a side entry (ask him nicely and pay him accordingly) , this will set it around 40mm max from wall surface.

Yes its coming out of floor and bayonet fitting. Back plate? The only fitting is the pipe, at back of cooker is wall tiles. So is it likely fitter will need to lift floor boards. Am planning on re-doing flooring too so had better not do that until I decide whether to get new cooker which is very likely as existing one drives me mad

Sponsored Links
Coming out of floorboards (and not concrete) piece of cake to alter then nothing to worry about just get the guy to look first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back