gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i came across a candy pl40 gas hob in a rental properety, are these still allowed to be used with having no flame failure device? or is it just illegal to now fit them but existing ones are ok? thanks

Sponsored Links
Combustion Chamber

Post your gasafe number and it gets you entry.....lots of good info and advice to gas registered engineers

Sponsored Links
As it's an existing appliance in what I assume to be a multi occupancy dwelling its just "not to current standards."

If a new one is to be installed though a ffd model would be necessary.

the OP doesnt specify whether it is single or multi occupancy, but i have heard a lot of people debating the reg change as being required in a rental property, claerly missing the actual requirement as being the type of building rather than who owns it, and these are GSR engineers who seem unclear which is very worrying, why dont engineers or companies keep up to date, when we get a lot of people discussing binning 5yr certs in favour of CPD and self policing, it is scary

this is in a single dwelling. i know for flats etc they've to be fitted safety devices. we've only changed to gas safe here in n ireland and your better keeping yourself right in my opinion.

i came across a candy pl40 gas hob in a rental properety, are these still allowed to be used with having no flame failure device? or is it just illegal to now fit them but existing ones are ok? thanks

as you have now posted that it is a single occupancy, then it is perfectly legal to fit and subsequently fit any hobs without FFD (if the NI GSR rules are the same as mainland)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back