gas pipe for ch boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

thanks again for replying.

all the info i am being given is from a local gas engineer. bit of a rough diamond but a neigbour in the same street reccomended him and apparently they had the same system and specs of pipe as i have.

i'm up against the wall a bit here as he is the only one that is available for to do the work, out of 9 i have tried, in the timeframe before i have tenants in.

i am very concerned now as to wether he is good or not. from what i have read from this site then could it be that his installations are leaving a lot to be desired and could be dangerous?

how would i find out from Corgi or someone equally qualified, and please dont take this the wrong way any of you but, as a numbty to this i have no way of knowing if your info is correct and if you are qualified? all i see on the posts are names .. please, i hope not to offend .. its just a genuine comment.

thanks

andy

Sponsored Links
corgi ID 218896 go to the corgi web site and it will confirm this.

Devon.....tenants.......can`t get trades.........and you wonder why :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its almost certain that a 12 kW boiler will be adequate and the Worcester 12Ri springs to mind as a suitable unit.

Almost all three bed semis come out between 9 kW and 11 kW heat loss!

As there is no water heating there is no need to add an extra 2 kW for that.

As far as the capabilities of people giving "advice" on this web site are concerned you have raised a very valid point!

Most post under pseudonoms and hide their true identities. I cannot understand why so many do that but its a fact that they do. The only valid reason I can think of is that they dont want to be sued if they give bad advice which encourages someone to do work they are not competent to do and end up killing someone.

Be aware of CORGI numbers too. There are two types, the individual and the employers firm, you can check on the CORGI website to see what any are listed as. Ours ( 184194 ) is listed as Agile Services and we have three registered operatives.

CORGI numbers after 200,000 were only issued within the last few years and indicate a recent entrant and might be someone who has done a six week course and lacks in depth experience. However, anyone who had been with British Gas for 30 years and then left and set up on their own will have a recent number too so its not a definitive indicator of experience.

Registration with CORGI is only an indication that they are safe to work on gas. They may be totally unable to design systems or repair boilers.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back