Getting a Loan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm glad others are backing up the point I was gently trying to make at the start. It's not about whether your job is secure, it's about how you will cope when the current situation of artificially low interest rates ends.

Your mortgage is much cheaper at the moment than it is going to be in the future. You are getting poorer each week because inflation is under reported and your salary is not keeping up (you must have a handle on food inflation given where you work!). The pound is falling and may well get to parity with the dollar which will have a rather unpleasant effect on the price of imported goods and fuel.

You don't appear to be saving anything at the moment. How are you going to pay a loan when your mortgage is £300 / month more, fuel is £1.80 a litre etc.

If you can afford a loan, you can afford to save that money, wait a bit and pay cash.

Not having any savings is a strong negative in a credit score btw.

I work in management in retail for one of the top 3 supermarkets i think my job is safe

I hope for you it is safe, but no job is for life anymore. Other retail outlets used to be on top, and now they are gone. Play it safe.

Sponsored Links
Back