Glow Worm 60B (1984ish)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have trawled the web, can't find anything that looks like my boiler! It's very small (680 x 440 x x300) and heats water and radiators via divirter(sp!) valve. Simply a metal label saying Model:60B on it. It's ancient, about 28 years old.

Problem was with the pilot light going out after 20 mins: replaced thermo couple and now pilot light gas and piezo (SP!) work well but it will not stay lit as I release the gas valve push-button. So, i think i need a new gas valve, but as it's so old don't know where to get one! can anyone advise on this? Glow Worm kindly point out it is discontinued...so is much of my life But i'm still here!

Sponsored Links
What is the colour and shape of the button on your gas valve?
Look for a GC No. This should be in the format something like this> 47-137-60 This should be on a data plate somewhere inside the casing along with the model details and gas info.
Post a picture if you can.

Colour is frigate grey (!) and it is fluted...glad to say someone has fixed the problem, which was the overheat not the gas valve...amazing variety of fixes i was offered by my local engineers, mostly recommending me spending £2500 without getting any tools out! One reassembled the unit with a vital (VITAL!) piece left out. My boiler was supposed to have been serviced (while we were at work) about 4 years ago, and it clearly wasn't. Company now don't exist...hmmm. Thanks for the reply and what a brilliant resource...I'll be back.

4 years ago how the #### can you say it was not serviced.. tell me why you think it was not serviced,it was not by anychance covered in dust and dirty :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The heat exchange was so full of soot you cold barely make out the individual vanes, and the exhaust pipe had been fitted misalligned with the flue and we were lucky not to have a nasty accident. The rear of the casing had been bent in order to accomodate the misaligned exhaust...the company shall remain nameless but it just goes to show you really have to be careful. The buy who correcty diagnosed the fault is brilliant and I'm keeping ihm to myself also, for that vey reason!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back