Has the gas annual check been more restricted?

My gas do is not VAT registered and always take cash and never provided a receipt.
[/quote]

Firstly, I would be surprised if he is able to gain access to 4 properties, carry out the checks and complete the paperwork in 90 minutes. Even if he does, there is still the office time, admin and travelling to and from the site.

Secondly, what kind if business man pays a bill without an invoice or receipt? That generally indicates a perception that you are getting it cheap because of non declaration - an offence to which you would be an accessory. BUT he has to give you a certificate, so their is a paper trail, and I am fairly sure you put the payment through YOR books. It would be a foolish tradesman who did pocket the readies in those circumstances.. some guys only take cash, as cheques have an uncanny habit of displaying bouncing tendencies.

And I agree with the earlier correspondent. If you are only paying for a cert and not a service, then the boiler is likely to be turned off if outside the parameters -unless you have an agreement that he will adjust as necessary, at a further charge.

Sponsored Links
The rent has stayed the same and I am afraid of increasing it in case the tenant move out, there is a hefty mortgage on the properties.
Speaking as a landlord myself, that's life and something you should have considered before putting yourself in such a position.
The price you quote seems reasonable based on what I pay - at least for a single appliance (I get a discount for additional appliances done at the same property at the same time).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back