Hay fever

B

Bodd

Can I recommend that if you get Hay fever to start taking your spray or tablets now.

Since I have started doing this in February I very rarely get caught out and suffer very little compared to the hell I used to experience.

Sponsored Links
popcorn.gif

Awaiting the antihistamine conspiracy theorists

Ooooh, a good test.

What if it doesn't stop the pollen?

The usual masks don't stop the smell/fumes/whatever when using car spray-paint cans.

Sponsored Links
Can I recommend that if you get Hay fever to start taking your spray or tablets now.

Since I have started doing this in February I very rarely get caught out and suffer very little compared to the hell I used to experience.
do you happen to sell hay fever remedies ?

I never experienced hayfever till my 30's when I had it increasingly bad, then gradually better till I hit my early 50's. Mine is down to flower pollen, I'm told that flower, grass & tree pollen, or a combination of any/all those can be the culprit.

It got so bad that I couldn't ride my motorcycle for several years in the season. I reckon the 3yrs in the middle is what living in Hell feels like.

Someone (I forget who) told me to try local Honey, a spoonful everyday. The myth being that local honey is the product of that pollen. I cannot say whether that advice is what worked for me, but nowadays I have almost no symptoms unless a strong wind is blowing in my face.

Ooooh, a good test.

What if it doesn't stop the pollen?

The usual masks don't stop the smell/fumes/whatever when using car spray-paint cans.

The masks won't stop you getting hayfever, they'll just stop you giving hayfever to anyone else. You'll poss need another vaccine. Maybe more lockdown too in the pollen season. ;) :)

Last edited:
You'll poss need another vaccine.
Many years ago I had an allergy test to see what triggered my severe hay fever. I turned out to be allergic to all sorts, so had to have injections, not sure if they were vaccines. Anyway, the package was delivered to the chemist and I had to pick it up and take it to the doctors, there was a vial for each allergy, about 16 in total, each containing several shots, had several shots at a time, and after a few weeks, the doctor had to inject in the other arm as the one he used had got too tough after the previous jabs. It seemed to work, nothing for a few years, then it would come back sporadically , but never as bad.

Many years ago I had an allergy test to see what triggered my severe hay fever. I turned out to be allergic to all sorts, so had to have injections, not sure if they were vaccines. Anyway, the package was delivered to the chemist and I had to pick it up and take it to the doctors, there was a vial for each allergy, about 16 in total, each containing several shots, had several shots at a time, and after a few weeks, the doctor had to inject in the other arm as the one he used had got too tough after the previous jabs. It seemed to work, nothing for a few years, then it would come back sporadically , but never as bad.

Not heard of that treatment. Sounds worthwhile if you have serious allergies.

popcorn.gif
Awaiting the antihistamine conspiracy theorists
What is the conspiracy theory relating to antihistamine. I sometimes take an over the counter sleep aid called nytol and the one I take is the one containing antihistamine

Can I recommend that if you get Hay fever to start taking your spray or tablets now. Since I have started doing this in February I very rarely get caught out and suffer very little compared to the hell I used to experience.
Have you noticed the subtle differences of the different times of year that you're effected depending on what plant or tree is releasing pollen

Have you noticed the subtle differences of the different times of year that you're effected depending on what plant or tree is releasing pollen
Certain trees set me off, as does grass. You will suffer more at the end of the day as it cools down and the pollen settles, the heat during the day keeps the pollen higher in the air. Best thing if you really suffer is to go to the beach, or listen to music.

I never experienced hayfever till my 30's when I had it increasingly bad, then gradually better till I hit my early 50's. Mine is down to flower pollen, I'm told that flower, grass & tree pollen, or a combination of any/all those can be the culprit.
I noticed I was slightly effected at different times of year but then this only lasted for a few years and now I'm not too much effected by it. You can be effected by grass, tree pollen, crops such as oil seed rape pollen, weed pollen and also fungus pollen/spores

Certain trees set me off, as does grass. You will suffer more at the end of the day as it cools down and the pollen settles, the heat during the day keeps the pollen higher in the air.
Goodness me.

Do you mean it doesn't fall to the ground within two metres?

Sponsored Links
Back