Health 'n' safety!

Sponsored Links
Ouch..that had to hurt.
Did he really expect the spouting to stop him?
Wonder how many broken legs he had. Have a neighbour who fell about that height down through a sky light unto concrete. He was in a wheel chair for 12 months.

More photo's, its a loft conversion job.

I'm not a nosey neighbour or spend my time spying on people, it's just entertaining watching the antics of the 'trades men'.

Sponsored Links
They are going to be there a while as they have fitted at sat dish to the scaffold :D

Yes it looks like the end of that brickwork bows in the middle.

Britain is becoming more like a third world country every day. I don't know why we bother send money abroad as foreign aid, there are so many foreigners in the UK today it be better to send it up to places like Birmingham and Bradford and save on the cost of overseas postage. :rolleyes:

Did he really expect the spouting to stop him?
I expect he didn't have time to think about it rationally and just instictively grabbed whatever he could when he felt he was slipping.

What specific (detrimental) faults are apparent?

I noticed they removed one of the top course blocks and fitted a pad stone under the steel beam. Maybe on the instruction of BC?

Looks like a typical rendered build i.e. little attention paid to the finish. Big deal. I can't fathom why they went to the trouble of building a brick wall as opposed to block. My guess is that they have removed a wall and re-used the bricks rather than carry them down.

I would have liked to have seen a header course in the wall or maybe they have used tie wires...?

Sponsored Links
Back