HIPs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many people have been worried by the Home Information Pack which requires an assessment of the boiler efficiency and home insulation.

There has been a public consultation and when I commented there was no facility for a DIY then I was given this answer which is encouraging:-

"""Anyone can compile a HIP, including the seller of the property. We will shortly be putting details on our website to give people more information on how to compile their own HIP.

Kind regards
HIP Enquiry Team. """

Sponsored Links
There are bound to be millions of people who will refuse to do the HIP. If they don't then things will take a turn for the worst. Roll on a housing market crash!

im surprisedf hips werent made compulsory. the great british tradition of employing useless fekkwits to shuffle paper around and do nothing to justify their existence,..jeeeeeeez
makes you want to cry.

im a great believer if you want a gaff. the last thing youre gonna be worried about is some poxy boiler and some fibre glass in the roof.

rant over.

....for now. :D

Sponsored Links
They are apparently going to become compulsory in July this year!

The main reason being quoted now is to encourage energy efficiency rather than speed up the purchase.

Speeding up the purchase by including the Home Condition Report floundered whent he Building Socs refused to accept those surveys.

I wonder if that is because they make money out of those valuation fees? £300 for a 25 minute visit ??? Thats as much as a solicitor charges!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back