How do I move my gas meter?

kle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ripped a big cupboard out of my flat...to discover that it was hiding the gas meter which is now sitting in the middle of the living room wall. The pipe comes from under the kitchen, (concrete floors) and under the hallway to emerge in the living room.

Does anyone know how I go about moving the meter to outside? It is an ex local authority (leashold) flat, the council is the freeholder. I have no idea why it is in the living room, the only gas appliances are in the kitchen (boiler and cooker). The outside wall which I would ideally put it on is the other side of the hallway and kitchen from where it is currently located (probably about 20 feet).

I have no idea who to ask, or how much it will cost me. I found some posts on this site but they used a lot of abbreviations I didn't understand!

Sponsored Links
its not your meter.

try asking your gas supply co, although it may be down to transco, you could ask them too.

Probably looking at £500 + for Nat Grid to move it to outside :(

You might like to rethink your layout now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nope,just thought I`d give everyone a break from my inane ramblings. Apart from Softus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back