Moving Gas Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently managing a house refurb for a family friend and one of the things he wants is to have the gas meter moved outside in an enclosed cabinet.

The meter is currently situated in the front room next to the external wall, I want the unit moved to the same position but on the outside of the property.

Is this a Transco only job? if so any idea's of cost?

Sponsored Links
The last one I attended cost the householder £1000 and was done by three people. One to remove meter, one to fix new meter box and bracket and the last to dig through concrete and connect onto the live gas pipe under the driveway. Took about 3-4 man hours altogether.

In addition I had to fix a new 5m of 22mm tube from the outside meter to connect up with the inside at the understairs understairs cupboard and I charged £125.

Tony

Ouch! I did not it would cost anywhere near to what you paid, I dont think the homeowner has a clue as well and is likely to scrub the idea all together!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Ouch! I did not it would cost anywhere near to what you paid, I dont think the homeowner has a clue as well and is likely to scrub the idea all together!

Many thanks

The householder paid £1000 to National Grid Transco and £125 to me!

I received £125 for my gas work and that was paid by the householder.

Its difficult for the ordinary man in the street to understand why you are apparently getting work done for a "family friend" who is expected not to want to pay the going rate.

I suggest you cease your involvement. It will only lead to problems with your mean family friend!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back