I am so glad that Mrs Thatcher..............................

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am so glad that Mrs Thatcher got through her operation OK.

Trying to let off fireworks in this weather is a nightmare

Sponsored Links
Margaret Thatcher was the best prime minester this country has had for a long time, she did what was needed to be done, in difficult times.
Did far more for this country than that idiot Blair, ever did.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Margaret Thatcher was the best prime minester this country has had for a long time, she did what was needed to be done, in difficult times.
Did far more for this country than that idiot Blair, ever did.

Wotan

I agree. I'm not stupid enough to suggest she was perfect; she made mistakes like we all do (...well...I don't), but she had more balls than all our present MPs put together and stuck to her guns when this country, or its dependencies (Falkland Islands come to mind), were threatened. I think every one of her successors would have rolled over for their tummies to be tickled and Gormless Clown would actually have paid our enemies (with our gold reserves, of course) to take them!

We were at war. That's what happens. No good being gentlemanly about it.

We were at war. That's what happens. No good being gentlemanly about it.

“The Argentine ship was away from the area of ​​belligerency, not navigating towards it and not even close to any British units: so it could not have been any threat or danger to the United Kingdom. Torpedoing it was, quite simply, a war crime, through the disproportionate and illegitimate use of force in violation of the rights of those who fought then. Why would Britain have designated the exclusion zone – thus drawing the boundaries of war-theater – if it was immediately to be violated? “

Shes just as bad a that loon Bush

As i've said before, i think the problems arise in the third term in office, i think we would be better to adopt the US concept of not being aloud to run for office after two terms in office.

At the time of the Falklands invasion, the UK maritime defence capability was being systematically dismantled, Invincible had been all but sold to Australia, Endurance was about to be decommissioned and not replaced

Thats hardly a solid committment to protecting our dependencies, a quick U turn by Mrs "stuck to her guns" T ensued when she and her cabinet saw an opportunity to reverse the downward swing in the polls.

Have a read of some factual history of the time, more to it than meets the eye

With respect, the Argies had just invaded our land, and they stuck a warship nearby... sorry, their intections were clear.

Recently Bristish marines were arrested for murder for not following the 'proper' rules of engagement:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19918398

it'd be nice if all our enemies acted as well as we do !

Have a look at some atrocities commited by Uk forces through the years, we are not squeaky clean

Sponsored Links
Back