Immigration.

Can you show me of the people paying tv licence, how many of those people do not use BBC services? Present me the statistics.
What does it matter? They are still getting the loot whether dad is paying and never watches but baby Luke and Gemma are watching Cbeebies.
I have not needed the fire brigade either.(y)
My point is people are paying and the BBC is as popular as ever.

Sponsored Links
What does it matter? They are still getting the loot whether dad is paying and never watches but baby Luke and Gemma are watching Cbeebies.

You've just given an example yourself ''dad is paying and never watches but baby Luke and Gemma are watching Cbeebies.'' so if dad is paying for a tv licence but never uses the service how does that make it more popular?

Hence why I asked you of the people paying for a tv licence how many of them actually use BBC services?

There are more people paying council tax, does that make it popular in your view?

Back onto the topic of immigration. It seems that if May sticks to her guns we will leave the single market.

Many folk don't know that they are paying for the fire brigade but would continue to do so as the fire brigade are a form of insurance should the worst happen... Why should anyone pay for the BBC?... Many people are harrassed and bullied into paying for the BBC and given the option would not pay

Sponsored Links
Well, let us hope that Maggie May sticks to her guns then.... I bet she won't

There are principals and there is being pragmatic.

May seems to have the non midas touch.

I have pointed out before. We could have chosen to manage migration properly within the EU. May was Home Sec for 6 years and did nothing. Either she has no idea what she is doing or this is some clever masterplan to set the UK adrift.

Those harking back to a past where the UK was a dominant trading nation in the victorian era and during the empire forget now there is China, Germany, Japan all with larger economies. There is a resurgent Russia. At a time when we should be getting closer to strengthen our economic ties against powerful nations we are setting ourselves to stand alone.

What can we offer?

You can reduce a nation to a set of four factors of production.

Land - natural resources - we don't have much in the shape of gas, coal, oil etc
Labour - quantity and quality of labour (but I thought thats why we wanted Brexit to cut this - we are full up)
Capital - Assets and wealth (but most of this is tied up in house prices)
Entrepreneur - World class innovation, ideas, (but we want to restrict foreign students coming to the uk universities )

Doctor Who.
Worth every single penny :)
Even DW has gone rather limp and PC and I can't even be bothered to watch it at my sisters house any more...I haven't even missed Top Gear. To be honest DW went down hill when Chris Eccleston left... A time Lord only has so many lives and he has outlived them all

There are principals and there is being pragmatic.

May seems to have the non midas touch.

I have pointed out before. We could have chosen to manage migration properly within the EU. May was Home Sec for 6 years and did nothing. Either she has no idea what she is doing or this is some clever masterplan to set the UK adrift.

Those harking back to a past where the UK was a dominant trading nation in the victorian era and during the empire forget now there is China, Germany, Japan all with larger economies. There is a resurgent Russia. At a time when we should be getting closer to strengthen our economic ties against powerful nations we are setting ourselves to stand alone.

China & Japan are poor examples because they are rapidly destroying their environment in the name of capitalism and ''growth''. Maybe ''growth'' is no longer what we need. If you ask me the economic system is failing and it will be a worldwide failure, and the answer will be localised manufacturing and production, perhaps the end to the banking system as we know it.

China & Japan are poor examples because they are rapidly destroying their environment in the name of capitalism and ''growth''. Maybe ''growth'' is no longer what we need. If you ask me the economic system is failing and it will be a worldwide failure, and the answer will be localised manufacturing and production, perhaps the end to the banking system as we know it.

So you are not a capitalist?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/12/doughnut-growth-economics-book-economic-model

Have a read. Is that what you mean?

I agree with you on one point - the incessant focus on growth as the only outcome that needs to be pursued.

Even DW has gone rather limp and PC and I can't even be bothered to watch it at my sisters house any more...I haven't even missed Top Gear. To be honest DW went down hill when Chris Eccleston left... A time Lord only has so many lives and he has outlived them all
Eccleston was excellent and so was Capaldi - the production and stories on this last series was up there with the best they ever did. Miles better than anything with that Matt Smith blokey. Shame you missed out!

I watched some of the new top gears as soon as the ginger **** left. Not the same as the old team by a mile but not too bad towards the end. They seemed to get into their stride a bit better and LeBlanc is pretty good at sarcastic banter, esp for an American!! :)

So you are not a capitalist?

I'm a realist, if the system no longer serves it's purpose it's not fit for purpose and other answers must be found. Just because capitalism has gotten us this far does not mean it is the 'only' economic model.

I'm a realist, if the system no longer serves it's purpose it's not fit for purpose and other answers must be found. Just because capitalism has gotten us this far does not mean it is the 'only' economic model.

Wow. I agree with hawk. Maybe there are more nuances to you than meets the eye.

Sponsored Links
Back