IS THIS DANGEROUS (jointed water pipes above CU)

Sponsored Links
i dont know , as its not my flat i rent it , i dont want my landlord to think i am hassiling him as he has been very good to me ,
i found a piece of paper in my inventory saying electric was tested 08.06.2006 certificate will follow , but there was no certifcate in the file ,

i rang two local electricial companys today and spoke to electricians and theyve said its not ideal but it is common and it is safe ,

i rang the council and they dont offer homechecks ,

the electricains want 125 for the periodic test ,but its not me who should pay really as its not my flat ,

all i want is some peace of mind that im not going to end up electricuted or blowing the place up .

all i want is some peace of mind that im not going to end up electricuted or blowing the place up .

Ok then why don't you do an audit of anything you are not clear on via a photograph (or 10) posted on here ?

1st one should be the board with the black dust cover down so we can see what fuses, rcd protection and circuits you have.

Then do the meter area and the area with all the green / yellow cables terminate.

Sponsored Links
hi chris , i have sereval photos in my profile , theres some of the gas meter under the sink and the pipes under the sink someone on here said there doesnt appear to be main bonding on the gas handle on the meter
also a photo of part of cable that was cut off under the sink , will also take more photos

just going to add some to this now

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ,THE CABLE WHERE ITS CUT WAS CUT OFF YESTERDAY AS IT WASNT DOING NOTHING I WAS TOLD ,

THIS IS THE METER WHICH IS ALSO UNDER SINK

I dont see why your causing this 'storm in a teacup ( :LOL: ), its your landlords duty to keep the installation safe!

Call him and ask for an explanation and previous certificates!! :rolleyes:

I dont see why your causing this 'storm in a teacup ( :LOL: ), its your landlords duty to keep the installation safe!

Call him and ask for an explanation and previous certificates!! :rolleyes:

I Was asked for pictures so i am displaying the pictures .......
I Am a single woman who lives by myself and wanted some peace of mind thats all .........things happen to me that dont happen to many people so if im anxious by nature i apoligise in advance ok :!:

See here dear, you've been advised generally that this water pipe isn't a problem - unsightly though it is.

You've been living there for eighteen months without mishap - and by your own admission, you get on well with your landlord........ So why ruin such a beautiful relalationship

Lucia.

Just to add a little something.

You said
i found a piece of paper in my inventory saying electric was tested 08.06.2006 certificate will follow , but there was no certifcate in the file ,

The report will have been sent to the person ordering the work. That will be the landlord and will not have been sent to the tenant.

That is unless the tenant has coughed up the £150 to have the inspection done. I am sure that the pervious tenant (like you) will not have paid for the work.

If, you are still worried about it - after all the assurances you have had - call that landlord.

You're either a troublesome tenant or a wind-up artist.

Either way, you've asked your question and it has been dealt with fairly, at length. So, you have no need to milk it further.......

Lucia.

AND YOU HAVE NO NEED TO BE SO GOD DAMN RUDE AND SARCASTIC FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER :!: :!:

THE PIECE OF PAPER WAS OBVIOUSLY TYPED BY THE LANDLORD HIMSELF BY LOOK OF IT
BUT I WONT BOTHER TO ASKK FOR ANY ADVICE OR EVEN ANSWER A POST NO MORE AS WE WOULDNT WANT TO UPSET THE PRINCESS WOULD WE

Its not the prettiest of installations but its completely safe and you are protected.
Some of the other pics seem to show earth bonding with new replacing some of the old.
The cut off wire under the sink would originally have been connected to an original stainless sink, I would imagine.
If it was my place, I'd sleep easy - but I'd have a peek at the pipe (and others) from time to time!
Be lucky
John :)

Its not the prettiest of installations but its completely safe and you are protected.
Some of the other pics seem to show earth bonding with new replacing some of the old.
The cut off wire under the sink would originally have been connected to an original stainless sink, I would imagine.
If it was my place, I'd sleep easy - but I'd have a peek at the pipe (and others) from time to time!
Be lucky
John :)

Thanks John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back