Islamic schools

Boss , you must understand the difference between supply and demand and Law changing. I have seen programme about ex pats in Spain ,the kids learn both languages

Sponsored Links
There was a topic on the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 yesterday about the effects of strict religious education in schools of all faiths yesterday. There was a chap on talking about his "Christian" religious education, where he was taught that the Earth was created 6000 yrs ago, science was wrong. Anyone who disagreed with the school's view was deemed a heretic. His education was nothing short of brainwashing. He eventually rebelled years later, but said his education had , had a profound effect on his mental state.

I quite agree. The school at which I taught (C of E) I think got things right. There was none of this 'creationist' claptrap for a start. (I personally taught a topic involving the local history of coal mining and, if coal deposits were formed 300,000,000 years ago, how the hell was the Earth created 6,000 years ago?)

RE was taught to include comparison of Christianity with other religions, avoiding any 'right' or 'wrong'. There were daily assemblies based on Christian worship, of course, which I had no objection to attending despite my atheist beliefs. The only thing I wasn't very happy about was the preponderance of 'happy clappy' hymns.

Not similar at all Boss. I don't see nor read of Ex-Pat's in Spain, demanding religious changes , nor changing Spanish law to UK law. ;)

When have Immigrants changed English Law to suit themselves, as for religion we cater for all types of religion in this Country .
As for language how many Brits when they go to Spain Speak Spanish ??

Sponsored Links
Not similar at all Boss. I don't see nor read of Ex-Pat's in Spain, demanding religious changes , nor changing Spanish law to UK law. ;)

When have Immigrants changed English Law to suit themselves, as for religion we cater for all types of religion in this Country .

Haven't you heard of sharia law and halal food. How about extremeists trying to hijack schools to turn them into their own madrasas? (that's not a curry, by the way)

I don't think you can put some Brit expat retirees in the same bracket as this. There's a stealthy and sinister takeover going on in this country. Many Brits don't seem aware of it, and our yellow-bellied politicians are too scared to counter what's happening.

When have Immigrants changed English Law to suit themselves,

Seems they don't have to.. we do it for them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html[/QUOTE]

The content of that link is very similar to the already Jewish Beth Din Court Procedures which have been accepted in the UK for Centuries,

Explain why nobody gives a "monkies" about Beth Din, but are terrified by Sharia.?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7233040.stm

It isn't 'changing the law to suit themselves'. It's just dispute resolution that both parties agree to comply with, ie like going to ACAS about an employment dispute. Criminal law will still be handled entirely by the UK courts under UK law, so I don't see the issue.

From a subsequent link:

But Nicholas Fluck president of the Law Society said it was “inaccurate and ill informed” to see it as "promoting" Sharia law by publishing guidance on drafting Sharia wills.
“We live in a diverse multifaith, multicultural society,” he said.
“The Law Society responded to requests from its members for guidance on how to help clients asking for wills that distribute their assets in accordance with Sharia practice.
“Our practice note focuses on how to do that, where it is allowed under English law.
“The Law of England and Wales will give effect to wishes clearly expressed in a valid will in so far as those wishes are compliant with the law of England.
"The issue is no more complicated than that.”

And further to the last comments, Laws in Scotland are different to the rest of the UK,
Should we panic that the Scots are taking over our Laws ? :eek:

There's a stealthy and sinister takeover going on in this country. Many Brits don't seem aware of it, and our yellow-bellied politicians are too scared to counter what's happening.

I believe you are right. The evidence is there for all to see.

Our yellow-bellied politicians are indeed too scared to counter what's happening and, what's more, they can't seem to see the possible consequences either.

Already, people are becoming more afraid of what is happening and I foresee a likely backlash: 'rivers of blood' as Enoch said a long time ago. If and when that happens, I hope our self-centred politicians realise that it is they who were the real cause.

There was none of this 'creationist' claptrap for a start. (I personally taught a topic involving the local history of coal mining and, if coal deposits were formed 300,000,000 years ago, how the hell was the Earth created 6,000 years ago?).
Simple - god created a "false" history which makes it look like the coal deposits were created that long ago whereas in reality they were created 6000 years ago. ;) It's just another one of god's little illusions which those who wish to sin choose to believe rather than the actual truth of his divinity.

But we digress...

Haven't you heard of sharia law and halal food. How about extremeists trying to hijack schools to turn them into their own madrasas? (that's not a curry, by the way)

Beth Din Law, Kosher Food, Jewish Faith Schools. are accepted in UK.

Why dosent that concern you ?

Sponsored Links
Back