Liverpools new era begins today!

Sponsored Links
Liverpool: A re-emerging quality team that will soon be competing for the honours again.

In comparison to the SPL, any PL team would give the best of the SPL teams a run for their money, as evidenced in recent Euro fixtures.

again I AGREE the premiership is a better league than the SPL, how many times do you want me to say it, however it doesnt detract from how mince the bin rakers are, for too long we have heard "this is the year" if you keep saying it eventually it may happen, but it doesnt look like any time soon, i support Rangers, and this year Man U drew at Old Trafford with us, and shrek got a pen so they (deservedly on the night ) beat us at Ibrox, hardly a doing is it? a couple of seasons ago the other glasgow team beat Man U in the champions league, we got to the final of the EUFA cup in 2008, when will the rakers ever get to a euro final again, i cant help it if the other scottish teams are mince,

Liverpool: A re-emerging quality team that will soon be competing for the honours again.

In comparison to the SPL, any PL team would give the best of the SPL teams a run for their money, as evidenced in recent Euro fixtures.

the way the rakers are playing i agree they will be challenging for honours, but it will be in the championship trying to get back into the premiership again

Sponsored Links
I went to Manchester in 2008 as I got complimentary tickets to the uefa final, Rangers v Zenit St Petersburg.

Rangers were so poor it is no wonder they lost the game, the stadium was virtually all Rangers fans, who I felt sorry for. Some even told me it was a typical day in the office for Rangers, who apparently had settled for penalties even before the game kicked off.

I cannot see them getting to another Euro final for a very long time. If Rangers are still playing that poorly, I think even Liverpool would turn them over!

Maybe LFC should play in the SPL, we would romp it !! :LOL:

Some even told me it was a typical day in the office for Rangers, who apparently had settled for penalties even before the game kicked off.

Unfortunately it was the tactics of Walter Smith that year, he sacrificed the beautiful game and set stall up (in europe especially), not to lose rather than to win.
At one point towards the end of the season, they had a chance of winning all the domestic silverware plus european glory.
But a back log of games that comes with good cup runs, poor team selection and little help from the SPL put paid to that, but they were not pretty to watch.

A good start for the reds this afternoon, a great goal after some good work by Kuyt and fine saves by Howard.

Lou.

LooPrEvil";p="1869182 said:
A good start for the reds this afternoon, a great goal after some good work by Kuyt and fine saves by Howard.

Lou.[/qu

47 secs into the second half they lose a goal DOH

Everton are a totally different team to the first half team.

<doh>

Lou.

That was a cracking game at Anfield. Honours even, but KK now has his first point on the board.

Lou.

Kenny Dalglish has promised to take Liverpool back to the 'Glory Days'.

Just as soon as he can get the Delorean up to 88mph.

Mr. W.

January is nearing an end and we've signed nobody...all that's happened is we've offloaded Babel, for half what we paid for him, to hoffenheim. I thought we were going to use him as a makeweight for Suarez?

Those yanks had better pony up some green so Kenny/Camolli can get active and make a couple exciting acquisitions.

Not to mention there's still the task of offloading the deadweight: Kenchesky, Poulsen, Johnson(Kelly is younger & has more potential whereas we can make some $$ of Johnson), Jovanovic & rodriguez(I like the guys' spirit but we need out and out width on the wings)...

Dont worry P, Kenny got a good victory at the weekend as I expected. The show is under way. We are in the hunt for a striker with Ajaxs Suarez being a No 1 target. Also looking like favouites to sign Adams from Blackpool.

I have said before that I cannot wait for next season, when we will be a real force.

Lou.

He's only come back as the manager. Maybe if he could pull his boots on again.......and Hansen...and Souness...and Rushie...and Terry Mac....and...

Sponsored Links
Back