Loft Conversion

There is no minimum in BRegs for ceiling heights; but there is a min headroom for stairs, work that one out!

What is the name of these beams, I'm intrigued...

Sponsored Links
are there no issues regards roof spread when you trim out all those ceiling joists, to accept the new stairs?

or is this taken up by the new loft walls?

Latest pics

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

Sponsored Links
its all coming along very nicely duzzer!
been watching quietly while waiting on my plans to be okayed.
Can I ask though, I thought the stairway is supposed to be enclosed for fire safety reasons with 30 min fd at the top,or are you allowed to have it open plan as yous appears but have a 30 min fd at the bottom of the stairwell ? (which id much prefer ,like yours appears!).
looking good though duzzer,gives me hope to plod along meself! :eek:

Not been through BR but it's got a door at the bottom of the stairs so it still enclosed from other rooms. It doesn't have a banister it boarded out and plastered. It's all finished now just haven't took pics yet.

Not looking to sell and the money I spent out on it wasn't expecting to recoup anyway. Won't sell it as a 4 bed house just sell it as 3 bed house. A few people said get fires doors pass it through building regs then put old doors back on. What's the point in that it won't be BR approved either once the doors are taken off. If I was gonna BR it would have done a dormer and it would have cost double the amount it cost.

If it's got a fixed stair and either you came to sell, or someone bubbled you (it happens...), then you would have no choice but to comply; describing it as a 3 bed as opposed to 4 would make no difference.

Finished been a bit busy didn't get round to posting when I finished had a b
new baby to deal with last week and a half was a last minute decision to do it hence not going through BR's didn't want it dragging on.
DSC01132.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

well impressed Duzzer - fantastic job done well.

i presume the good lady had a hand in the wallpaper though (and been watching too many TV house makeover programmes for me)
:D

yeah well done duzzer,
looks really,really good,but wheres the photo of tommy walsh and the team with the champagne at the end of the show ? :LOL:
top job,hope mine ends up as good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back