Male Circumcision at birth.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you for it or against it?

It has no known use, and it is traumatic for the child.

Many circumcised men feel they have been mutilated - so why is it practiced?

Why is it carried out by non-medical practitioners?

Shouldn't it be the choice of a person when they reach adulthood?

Isn't it a clear breach of human rights?

If I were father to a child and cut its ear lobes off as a fashion statement would that be acceptable? No? So why allow circumcision?

Sponsored Links
i know how to circumcise a whale..........

..................send down 4 skin divers. :D

I have read that uncircumsised males are a cause of cervical cancer in women. I don't have a reference for this but research will no doubt find it. That is probably the most appropriate reason for it to be carried out,
preferably at infant stage. Adult circumcision is painful and may lead to complications. Secondary is the fact that it is much easier to keep a circumcised penis clean. In my experience most females prefer it as it is more aesthetically pleasing too.

You are of course quite right in saying that it should never be carried out by a lay person.

If they stop it they'll be a world shortage of elastic bands!
Mark my words.

Sponsored Links
When I got circumcised and paid the surgeon, I told him he could keep the tip.

At birth it is plain wrong. It's origins are in religion. It is bad enough to indoctrinate a child to ones beliefs, but to mutilate them too should be a crime.

An old freind of mine has never forgiven his mum for inflicting it onto him - especially as her flirt with religion was short lived and just to please her husband at the time.

He once told me these pointers........

A 4skin aids penetration. Obviously if the lass is greased up enough this is less of a problem, but even so....

A circumcised 'bell end' loses some, or a lot, of its sensitivity.

The hygeine issue seems a bit odd too. It takes 2 seconds to roll back ones hood for the purpose of cleaning. Why is that seen as an inconvenience?

Also, this discussion could of quite easily sat alongside the other discussion. Over zealous moderating made baby jesus cry.

uncircumsised gives you that extra bit of girth, not that i need it :oops:

Google in 'Uncircumcised male and cervical cancer'. You will find a lot more - like risk of HPV. Interesting reading.

The reason there is a lower risk amongst women and circumcised men is that circumcised men get less sex. :cry:

Persimmon wrote that adult circumcision is painful and he is wrong. You dont feel a thing! It's afterwards when the healing begins that the pain sets in. And it's not just painful, it's very, very ,very painful. It's excruciatingly painful. And if you happen to get the slightest bit turned on and the stitches burst, well, I just cant describe the pain then. However, like any other wound, when the healing is complete you forget just how bad it was - until someone like persimmon reminds you. Ouch!

Sponsored Links
Back