Male Circumcision at birth.

If these same cultures also advocated the stoning to death of women accused of adultery, does this indicate that it too is a favourable practice?

It certainly is in those cultures that put it into practice. Of course the same could be said for female circumcision!

Sponsored Links
May I comment on posters' replies (in no particular order)

Securespark - it is not at all the same thing as female circumcision - the fore'skin' is just that. Don't you think the female clitoris is a bit more ?
A circumcised male is very much able to have an orgasm - a female who has had a cliterectomy is not.

bolo - you are 69 ? Shame on you for such a big fib (but if true please tell me the secret for future reference.....)

ggrinc - absolutely true if all males practised proper hygiene. A friend's wife works in a dry cleaners and she says she could do with a face mask before handling the odiferous crotched trousers that come in !

Space cat - very true indeed. Similarly tell devout people something is for 'religious reasons' and you have captured them even if the real reason is much more practical. The Jews and Muslims eschew pork, I don't think it is because they don't like little piggies......

John D - with respect (and I have the utmost respect for your views) I think you are attributing to Space cat things which he didn't imply, or at least I didn't consider him to imply.
Perry

JohnD said:
Do you have evidence for this idea, or is it just a guess?

It's a plausible hypothesis --- OK, it's a guess! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think there could ever be real historical evidence. Foreskins don't fossilize all that well - and viruses certainly don't! There might be cave drawings showing evidence for circumcision but that doesn't help much. Supporting evidence could come from a study of disease patterns in modern humans.

If these same cultures also advocated the stoning to death of women accused of adultery, does this indicate that it too is a favourable practice?

I'm not claiming that natural selection always yields the optimum result. Far from it. Evolution proceeds by a series of mistakes so you are more likely to end up with the best of a bad lot. 'Balls' (a curse on that swear word detector) on the outside? :eek: :eek: :eek: There wasn't much intelligence in that design - but it gets worse. As mammals, we've evolved a thermostat to keep our body temperature at a (supposedly) optimum level. So far so good but that thermostat will kill you if it doesn't get what it wants. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It doesn't take a genius to realize that keeping the reptilian option open would have been a better plan. And finally ---

I work in radiotherapy. The patients' waiting room is full of the victims of evolution gone wrong. :( :( :( Nuff said!

On a lighter note, I'm pleased to say that I still have my foreskin and it would be sorely missed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: If you're uncircumcised and she likes it bare you can retract it. If the reverse is true then you've had it. Keep your options open and let your children do likewise. ;) ;) ;)

1) Circumcision is a very old practice.

. In the distant past there might have been a religion whose adherents were told to "Go forth and not have many babies." If they ever existed they certainly don't now! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Indeed there was .....It was called "The Sons of Onan" tho` they didn`t last long because they practised onanism more than coitus :oops: :confused: :cool:

Sponsored Links

Securespark - it is not at all the same thing as female circumcision - the fore'skin' is just that. Don't you think the female clitoris is a bit more ?
A circumcised male is very much able to have an orgasm - a female who has had a cliterectomy is not.

Sorry, you have misinterpreted what I wrote.

I was very much trying to get the point across that FC is indeed nothing like MC, and a dreadful practice which should be stamped out.

Circumcision is against human rights. Everyone has the right to grow up without having bits cut off them for fashion/religious purposes.
Only a consenting adult has that right.
Cut your kids ears off and see what happens. (other than his glasses keep falling off).

bolo - you are 69 ? Shame on you for such a big fib (but if true please tell me the secret for future reference.....)

No, I am not 69 (although that is one of my favourite numbers)! But I was 69 when I had the cut 2 years ago. And there is no secret. I married a much younger woman, couldn't keep my hands of her - so I sacked the lot.

PS The older the fiddle...................

Nige F said:
Indeed there was .....It was called "The Sons of Onan"

That's what I like about this forum. You learn something new every day. :D :D :D In this age of STDs and (mostly) unwanted teenage pregnancies I think it's time that the Sons - and Daughters - of Onan rose again. :cool: :cool: :cool: (No puns please; I've heard them all!)

Onan is often thought of as a ma sturbator.

However, he was more likely to be a man who practiced Coitus Interruptus. He is described as "spilling his seed on the ground" while lying with his brother's widow, as he did not wish her to have a child. the Israelites at this time were very anxious to keep their population up, hence were required to remarry young widows etc. and anything which prevented pregnancy and birth was considered very wicked.

JohnD said:
However, he was more likely to be a man who practiced Coitus Interruptus. He is described as "spilling his seed on the ground" while lying with his brother's widow, as he did not wish her to have a child.

I've checked this and you're right. There's more than one way to interpret the text but coitus interruptus is the prime suspect. A possible alternative is that he found her so repulsive that he preferred a DIY job. :eek: :eek: :eek: Or maybe it was a severe case of premature ejaculation! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Had they been indulging in 'safe sex' (I think I can get that past the swear word detector) it would have read "SHE spilt his seed --- " :p :p :p

Onan is often thought of as a ma sturbator.

However, he was more likely to be a man who practiced Coitus Interruptus. He is described as "spilling his seed on the ground" while lying with his brother's widow, as he did not wish her to have a child. the Israelites at this time were very anxious to keep their population up, hence were required to remarry young widows etc. and anything which prevented pregnancy and birth was considered very wicked.

Thank you for posting this, I couldn't be bothered. Also at that time (as now in some areas) a woman was considered a possession and so was kept in the family (and sometimes alive) by marrying a relative.

Sponsored Links
Back