Man Hole

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I believe the minimum depth is 150mm over the top of the foul drain on a pea gravel bed/backfill as long as your not in a drive or a roadway; how far below the cover is the drain pipe entry/exit?

You can check out Part H here;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADH_2002.pdf[/QUOTE]

there is no minimum depth for drains

think man think..... :D
Good job too - mine is 25mm under the footpath round my house - to get a 1:80 fall to the main manhole :rolleyes: Yes it does work @ 1:80 :LOL: and that`s from a 6 litre WC flush . Regs , Schmegs.

Geraint. We look forward to your posts, as they normally always have the craic in them, however with this one, we have thought and thought man, and still can not follow your reason.
According to regs. For normal domestic drainage, a rigid 100mm pipe requires a minimum cover of 150mm and flexible pipes a minimum cover of 300mm. However these regs do not apply to a 100mm class 120 rigid pipe.
We are aware that drainage can be suspended above ground externally, and wonder whether this is your outlet.

Jal to answer your question, have not seen invert depth, but from your photo you can rattle 3 course of top of IC.
oldun

Geraint. We look forward to your posts, as they normally always have the craic in them, however with this one, we have thought and thought man, and still can not follow your reason.
According to regs. For normal domestic drainage, a rigid 100mm pipe requires a minimum cover of 150mm and flexible pipes a minimum cover of 300mm. However these regs do not apply to a 100mm class 120 rigid pipe.
We are aware that drainage can be suspended above ground externally, and wonder whether this is your outlet.

Jal to answer your question, have not seen invert depth, but from your photo you can rattle 3 course of top of IC.
oldun

Do you mean i can take off 3 layers of the bricks?

What would the best way be to drill a hole in the bricks to get the drainage connected for the block paving?

regards
Jal

Probably more if you need to, down to within 150mm of the drain invert (pipe entry/exit)

What would the best way be to drill a hole in the bricks to get the drainage connected for the block paving?
You almost certainly won’t be allowed to drain surface water into your foul drain system if that’s what it is. Check with your LABC & water authority but in most cases new surface water connections to a foul drain are a breach of by-laws, you need to dig a soak away.

Richard's post is spot on, but if you wanted to do it illegally you would have to break into the benching and fit a 3/4 channel and connect it to a gully with the path falling to it.

Probably more if you need to, down to within 150mm of the drain invert (pipe entry/exit)

You almost certainly won’t be allowed to drain surface water into your foul drain system if that’s what it is. Check with your LABC & water authority but in most cases new surface water connections to a foul drain are a breach of by-laws, you need to dig a soak away.

This is what i'm confused with, not sure how i will fit the drain channels on the block pave. :confused:

Richard's post is spot on, but if you wanted to do it illegally you would have to break into the benching and fit a 3/4 channel and connect it to a gully with the path falling to it.

Last thing i want to do is anything illegally, yes it is my first time with this project which is why i'm asking for advice on here.

This is what i'm confused with, not sure how i will fit the drain channels on the block pave. :confused:
Why do you think you need them? Where is the block paving? How big is the area?

Why do you think you need them? Where is the block paving? How big is the area?
I'm block paving the front of my house, the regulations were changed in 2008 for front block paving and should have rain drainage?

The area i will be doing is 25sqmetre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back