new fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am having a new kitchen installed the electrician has fitted a new fuse box for all my electrics might sound daft but since this has been installed i only seem to be getting freezing cold water through my shower. does this have anything to with it or is it just a coincidence.thanks nikki

Sponsored Links
Your shower isn't, by any chance, supplied by a separate switch fuse which the spark hasn't reconnected?

There aren't any unconnected wires in your CU cupboard are there?

Check the consumer unit and see if the shower MCB is actually switched on. If it is, the shower may be switched off at the shower isolator, which could be hidden in an airing cupboard.

If you can't find a switch associated with the shower, look on the circuit schedule section of your installation certificate (you did receive an electrical installation certificate for the CU change, didn't you?) and check that the shower circuit is actually recorded.

If you can't solve the problem, call the electrician who did the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back