No gas, no oil

just browsed the forum quickly but if an oil tank can be used, a fill line can be used for a tank via a pipe running through your property for easy access. say from the back to the front,but curtain regs have to be uphold,theres also the point, this line can be used through the property of the house interior.

Sponsored Links
Very expensive though and would require overfill alarm at the tank. OP, if you don't mind a bit of work a solid fuel is best choice.

The problem is the positioning of the lorry as that would be on the road, the problem is that there would need to be a hose laid from the lorry to the house (oil tank) that would cross the neighbour's land. We could get an informal agreement, but that could obviously be withdrawn at any time and can also cause problems when selling the house.

If your house caught on fire would the local fire brigade be allowed to run hoses across to extinguish it ?? :eek:

Your neighbour must be a total ars###e if a fuel delivery is not allowed!!

Sponsored Links
Have you actually considered PAYING the neighbour for a formal wayleave for a gas supply pipe or some other arrangement?

How did this problem arise?

I came across something similar in France where the house owner fell out with the farmer who would not let the houseowner put a septic tank on the adjoining farmland.

Tony

Have you actually considered PAYING the neighbour for a formal wayleave for a gas supply pipe or some other arrangement?

Yes, but they are not interested as they are worried that they won't be able to sell the house with an easement attached, so they refused.

samtheman1k wrote

The problem is the positioning of the lorry as that would be on the road,

Dont you have any access to your property for vehicles to travel at all ?.
Surely you can drive a car up to your property.
If so then you can also drive a small fuel tanker to the same place.
Most suppliers have mini tankers and will go most places a car will go.

the problem is that there would need to be a hose laid from the lorry to the house (oil tank) that would cross the neighbour's land.

Again all I can say is don't you have vehicle access to your property ?.
If you have then a fuel delivery is possible.
Have you had a disagreement with your neighbour ?.

Then there's no need to argue the toss or incur legal expenses when you can have a solid fuel CH & DHW system which although requires a little work by the user offers the following benefits.

* If you use wood it's carbon neutral, coal is not much more a pollutant than oil or you can use multifuel wood/smokeless coal.

* You can buy as much or as little as you need (The less you buy the dearer, but what other fuel could you buy 1 day's worth from the local 24hr garage just to see you through).

* You have to perform cleaning and de-ashing periodically, but apart from annual service and chimney sweep most maintenance can be done by the user.

* You have one less b*ll gripping utility to worry about and have the option to access a British fuel.

* You won't have to worry about fuel storage safety with LPG or potential spillages from oil (with subsequent visit from the heavies at the Environment Agency).

* With oil today at 42p/ltr (inc VAT) solid fuel is now cheaper.

How is he going to get his wood fuel delivered ?.
Wheel barrow it across his neighbour from hell's land in the middle of the night when he aint looking ??.
Just took a delivery of oil at £0. 37 /L.
What kind of a lunatic would purchase a property with no vehicular access ?
Something very strange indeed about what the OP is saying. :confused:
You still have to get from the door of the property to the public highway and if their is no vehicular access then you must have a walkway which is a right of way should it be only 3 feet wide.
And someone can correct me if I am wrong but an oil delivery hose is not as wide a 3 feet.
Unless of course your right of way is 3 mile long and the hose don't reach. :(

samtheman1k said:
Anyone else solved the no gas/oil problem?
Yep. I bought a house that had already had a gas supply.

Coincidentally, the boundary of the land on which my house is built adjoins the road, so I can get a vehicle quite close for moving people and furniture and all manner of things on and off my property.

To be blunt, either you're completely barking mad, or your conveyancing solicitor didn't give you competent advice. I could be wrong though - perhaps it's both. :eek:

How is he going to get his wood fuel delivered ?.
Wheel barrow it across his neighbour from hell's land in the middle of the night when he aint looking ??.
Just took a delivery of oil at £0. 37 /L.
:(

OP said this type of access no problem it's only pipelines temp or permanent. Oil increased Monday and again last night plus OFTEC are doing great job of frightening the s**t out of people as they use all their available oxygen of publicity to shout about pollution issues.

Nixt wrote

OP said this type of access no problem it's

You're talking rubbish just like the OP. Solid fuel still has to be delivered whether its sticks,(unless you can chop down a tree) coal or wood pellets.
And if you can deliver the solid fuel then you can deliver the oil.
The oil is also back up which you don't necessarily need to use and you can then time the oil purchases when oil prices lower in the summer time as they invariably do or when prices fluctuate otherwise.
If you have your own tree's then well and good. However you still need a coal delivery to back this up. For an average sized house depending on solid fuel alone this could be anything up to 2 ton.
Lets see you lug that across someones field. :(

The OP has described the access, not me, and has said no pipelines but other deliveries are OK. So for you to acuse me of talking rubbish must mean that either the OP has a secret webcam and you can see the job from behind your PC or you can suggest the correct solution without reading the text.

Clearly you're also such a f****** clairvoyant that you can assess what I'm capable of lugging. It's unfortunate you can't see me lifting bags of solid fuel from your PC but if you search Youtube I'm sure you'll find something similar for you to pull your t**g*r to.

Calm down Nixt; just look at the ridiculous post you're replying to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back