No gas, no oil

Sponsored Links
The OP has described the access, not me, and has said no pipelines but other deliveries are OK.

and the OP said

No we don't have vehicular access to the property.

And like I said you're talking rubbish.

So that means you'd have to lug the oil tank across a field then t***pot. And you don't need to buy 2 tons worth of solid fuel so you're also talking rubbish..... The only difference is I'm not interested in seeing you do it on Youtube.

PS. The title of the thread is 'No gas, no oil'. So you propose oil then knock other peoples suggestions.

Nixt wrote

So that means you'd have to lug the oil tank across a field then t***pot.

If their is no vehicular access as the OP says then yes. Just like your solid fuel.

And you don't need to buy 2 tons worth of solid fuel so you're also talking rubbish.....

Its evident you have no idea how much solid fuel it can take to run an average sized home.
I purchased 1/2 ton last year and it just lasted through the winter alone and was backed up with oil which ran the main central heating.

The only difference is I'm not interested in seeing you do it on Youtube.

More rubbish. :(

So you propose oil then knock other peoples suggestions

You propose solid fuel which is ridiculous if their is no vehicular access.
If you can deliver the solid fuel then you can deliver the oil.
Its that simple and you seem to have difficulty understanding this.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have difficulty understanding NO PIPELINES ALLOWED. Which makes solid fuel difficult but feasible. No pipelines means no oil, unless you can carry that in bags. If you looked at it as a fictitious problem solving execise your suggestion wouldn't have got past the opening title.

As for fuel consumption, wood pellets are available in 15kg sealed bags, can be bought competitively in up to ton qty's and their use depends on output, appliance efficiency, useage, heat loss and all the other factors that need to be applied. But then I forgot, your clairvoyant powers have enabled you to sum up everyone by your average without any other information and that the only solid fuel being proposed is dirty and in 50kg sacks.

Nixt wrote

You seem to have difficulty understanding NO PIPELINES ALLOWED

No problem understanding this at all. The OP has obviously had a disagreement with his neighbour if this indeed is the only way of delivering the oil.
I wouldn't want to have to haul a pipeline across my own neighbours property just to fill my tank. Though if I did need to I know their would be no hesitation in him letting me do so and I wouldn't need to go to a solicitor to find out as the OP has done.
The guy is obviously not on speaking terms with his neighbour.

Which makes solid fuel difficult but feasible
No , it makes it impossible if this statement below that the OP has written is indeed correct.
No we don't have vehicular access to the property.
Why would he say this ? Is he a squatter and the owner has blocked the right of way to the property ?

But then he also says...
We have rights of access for normal use, including deliveries
I shall repeat again. If you can deliver the solid fuel then you can deliver the oil.

The GSHP pipes could be laid in our land.

We have land also and use bulldozers and excavators to make roads and lanes on it that we use for access to our property. ;)

I shall repeat again. If you can deliver the solid fuel then you can deliver the oil.

Except he says you can't use a pipeline, you can carry pellets however undesirable (espcially in the compact 15kg bags), you don't even know how far this would be, If the OP says it's miles then fine, but then a pipeline couldn't reach that even with permission.

Nixt wrote

Except he says you can't use a pipeline, you can carry pellets however undesirable

What makes you think the OP can trudge over his neighbours land with sackfuls of pellets if he isin't even allowed to lay a pipe on it ?.

We have rights of access for normal use, including deliveries, but are not allowed to lay a pipe across the neighbour's land, even if only temporary.

OP's comments above gave me a bit of a clue.

We have rights of access for normal use, including deliveries, but are not allowed to lay a pipe across the neighbour's land, even if only temporary.
OP's comments above gave me a bit of a clue.

Ha ha ha ha LMAO.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
And you actually think this would happen in reality. :rolleyes:
It wouldn't be long before someone was off to their solicitor again. :(
Trudging across your neighbours property with sackfuls of solid fuel would be a lot more inconvienant to them than a pipe laid once every 12 or 18 months for a few minutes.

If you think the theme of the thread is b******* then tell the OP, there was no need to start on me in the first place. It's not me you need to convince.

12 to 18 months? They'll be needing some tank and a credit card limit to match. Or should that be a more realistic 2 modest deliveries a year.

I would have no problem having an oil pipe laid on my property to deliver oil to someones home. To me it would just be the oil company trespassing once a year or so.
But for my neighbour to be allowed to physicaly walk over my property then thats a different matter altogether. It wouldn't happen.
I suspect in the OP's case the only access to his home is through the neighbours property which he has to simply walk through and this neighbour has imposed certain limitations on what can and what cannot go through that area.
If it is indeed the only access then it is a right of access which the law should uphold. If it was my home then I would use this right of access to lay the pipe temporarily and fill my tank regardless of what is stipulated on a piece of paper in some solicitors office.
Your neighbour will have two options. Physically stop you or call the police.
If its the former and your not up for a ruk then he may prevent the fill happening in which case you may have a case for assault .
If its the latter then you will have the tank filled before the police arrive. :D Happy days.
Then take my chances in court. :(
It does seem odd that anyone would purchase a property like that. It must have been dirt cheap.

Odd indeed. Perhaps though I'll do the same as you and ignore the OP's conditions and tell them what I would allow as the solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back