OCEAN Alpha 240P boiler

kaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha240P boiler. When I try to draw the domestic hot water, the diagphram in the boiler activates ok and the boiler and pump start up but the majority of the boiler circulatory hot water continues to run around the central heating system with very little going through the domestic hot water heat exchanges. Thus very little hot water. ANy ideas on cause ?

Sponsored Links
most likely cause is diverter valve stuck in ch position, repair kit is available but job is best left to an expert.

I always repair with complete new valve. Takes too long to recondition an old one IMHO

your probably right dave, but i think the 240p has good access to divi once dhw diff valve is removed. all the guts can be removed and sorted, unlike the later cb24. :)

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying that reconditioning the DV is no good, just stating my preference. I like to be in and out of the customers property as quick as possible and also with a new one the part is guaranteed for 12 months by the supplier, less come backs on me if it faults again.

I'm luckily too busy to want to hang around fitting the new seals etc in the old valve and knowing my luck something would leak or not work afterwards :rolleyes: :LOL:

YOu might find that the secondary heat exchanger is blocked with magnetite sludge, back through the connection into the diverter which is also blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back