Paragon 2000 Turbo (Pilot Will Not Light) On going problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just had the fan interface module replaced my fire worked fine for one week and then again it started to fail.
The fire would light first time everytime for a week after repair,then began to go out after 15-20 mins.This period of time became shorter and shorter until 2 days ago the fire would not light at all.
My Gas engineer(ex British Gas) again talked to Paragon Technical helpline while carrying out various tests on the air flow pressure switch(bypassed to test),fan etc etc only to be told that the fire should now be working after all the voltage checks had been carried out.
He was then advised to change various parts that he had tested and proved to be good(air flow pressure switch and actual fan unit-both of which are perfectly ok).He has advised me not to spend any more money on the fire(which is seven yrs old)after having had the edb and the fan interface module changed recently.to rectify other problems and basically told me to buy a fire from a manufacturer which has its own service engineers as the help from paragons helpline is pretty poorso
He only charged me £30 for hour and halfs work.
Has anyone out there got any ideas-because paragon haven"t.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back